Do you want open borders for your country?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • It depends
    Vote C
  • I don’t care
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Borders and/or demarcation lines distinguish a sovereign state's territory apart from foreign domains; tolerating 'open borders' does not seem to recognize the authority of immigration laws, which ought to facilitate and legitimize both immigration and emigration alike.

I would not want to witness my country renouncing its control over its own territorial boundaries.

1|9
    0|0
  • In Australia I think it's getting to the point where we have too many people, Asian family's are buying all our houses and such. Not that I'm racist and where they are coming from is terrible but we are running out of room

0|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Anyone who wants "open borders" essentially wants OTHER PEOPLE to accept any outsider, with any morals, values, or beliefs, onto those other people's property and receiving other people's labors.

So, I say, "show us all how it's done."

Take the locks off of your doors, leave the keys in your unlocked car, and put up a big sign that says "everyone is welcome here" on your front lawn. Let whomever shows up sleep on your couch, browse through your refrigerator, change your TV channel, drive your car, and wear your clothes. Oh, and you'd better add them to your healthcare while you're at it.

Someone who does all that and still advocates open borders is someone I can respect. If you aren't willing to do that, then you have no business telling OTHER people that THEY should.

0|1
    0|0
  • The only conceivable way open borders can ever work is if it's the border between two culturally similar countries, like Russian and Belarus, USA and Canada, or my own Latvia and Lithuania. It is entirely because of the Schengen area that Estonians come across the border to buy alcohol here or why we cross the border into Lithuania to buy their cheaper goods.
    The Baltic sates are so simiral that Langauge and some minor nuances in traditions are about the only differences between us, which leads to almost none if no conflict of cultural origin. The US and Canada only differ with accents pretty much so the differences would be even smaller. In both cases, and in the case of most of Europe, the core ideals of a civilization remain.
    But south and East of the Mediterranean and Black seas is a different case. Not only do the languages and customs differ, but the wholesale values of a civilization also do as well. They're too alien to be allowed to come here unchecked.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I love the Schengen zone with all its perks but I wouldn't want it to be expanded to include any more countries if I'm honest. I'd already be more than grateful if we would establish some kind of visa requirement for the British and kick the Spanish out because they are hands down the nastiest tourists 😂

0|2
    0|0
  • Gak arm

0|1
    0|1
  • I feel like we as a country could not manage open borders for a long period of time, however us citizenship can take upwards of 10 years and because of that I feel like we should make it easier to apply for citizenship. However, no, I don't think open borders are a great idea

0|1
    0|0
  • Controversial opinion, but I'm for open borders for the whole world. I know right now that would be detrimental for most western countries, but in the future it'd be great.

0|1
    1|0
    • How do you think it would make for a great future?

• Show All
    • 3d

It depends. What can you do about places like Somalia, short of invading and colonising them?

• If it has open borders then it's not a country. Lso, do you keep your doors unlocked?

0|4
    0|1
  • Not really... We are already over crowded as it is. And it is not possible to have open borders when you're an island.

0|1
    0|0
  • In some ways, a country is like a cell, it needs to have a semipermeable membrane, lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only for other Scandinavians/Nordics.

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted B.

0|1
    0|0
  • No that would bring down living standards.

0|1
    0|0
  • Closed borders

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 41

• In the UK we have had open borders to EU citizens. Whilst migration is a good thing, it needs controls. Certain areas haven't had the investment in infrastructure and services to cope with the rapid population changes that come with migration. When people see traffic increasing, longer waits for medical appointments etc and perceive the reason to be migration it creates tension in communities

0|1
    0|0
  • The majority of Mexicans are cool, but the 10 percent will fuck up this place. These bastards don't know how to drive - never giving a turn signal or never having auto insurance. Once again, the majority of Mexicans are awesome people, it's the 10 percent that are bad. Now if the Mexicans were like research scientists or investment bankers, no one would have a problem with them. If you got 100 apples, and 90 of them are good and 10 of them are mold, you wouldn't want to take the chances.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, open borders would be a disaster for first world countries. Even the current levels of mass migration from the third world are disastrous for western countries.

0|1
    0|0
  • If someone truly believes in open boarders they should not lock thair doors at night, and they shouldn’t have a problem when someone uninvited comes in.

But of course most of powerful people who push open boarders are childless, and tend to live in a 99% white gated community.

0|1
    0|0
  • For right now we do need borders but we need to protect the people that are escaping violence in their country which is why we need a process to allow these people in and no illegals crossing a border is not a “serious crime” like the right loves to wine about

0|1
    0|0
  • We would not want open borders any more than to sleep in a home at night with the doors open! Closed borders are vital to our safety by keeping out criminals, people with contagious diseases, drugs being smuggled, and sex trafficking of minors. Also, most people who enter our country illegally, do not contribute but become a drain on our already thin resources. Money that we need to take care of our citizens who are sick and homeless is diverted to these people.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I don't want foreigners taking our jobs, hurting the economy and quality of life. You have to be invited or accepted legally.

0|1
    0|0
  • I want concrete, electrified razor-wire, and machine-gun nests along both borders and the coasts... And I want the death-penalty for illegal-aliens.

0|4
    0|1
  • Absolutely definitely not.

And this is coming from somebody who is getting married to a person born and raised abroad.

0|2
    0|0
  • The only ones who want open borders are the cultural elite for the cheap labor, the non-thinking quasi-Libertarian anarchists because they want to do away with all government, and the U. S. Democratic Party in order to import more freeloading societal leeches as future voters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why, what is the purpose of that border been there for reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • How about borders with functional security measures and orderly legal immigration?

1|4
    0|1
    • Does it include one of these beauties?

Do you want open borders for your country?

• @Reggieray If they can build it with solar powered generators integrated into the structure, then yes. The generated power can be sold to citizens all along the border at a reduced rate, and the excess energy can be sold to Mexico at a not reduced rate. 👍

• I can go with that...

• Have to have border control for richer countries so that security and economics are not in danger.

0|1
    0|0
  • HELL NO. we can't take care of our own homeless, why do we need open borders? every other country is coming in here LEGALLY, so why are we hinting around about mexico with codewords?

0|1
    0|0
  • Every country has the right and duty to protect its citizens from communicable diseases, crime and insurgents. The country where I live, people who are caught living here illegally are imprisoned and they must pay their own way to a country who will take them. Until then they can, they are giving a bowl of rice 3 times a day and a glass of water 3 times a day. Here the cells are so overcrowded that they can only sleep 20 at a time the rest of the day they stand, shoulder-shoulder front-to-back. Mostly its muslims who have come in illegally and seek asylum from the Western countries though they could easily go to any muslim country or their home country. The other group are persecuted Christians. The UN will not give the Christians refugee status and the Western Countries (except Australia) will not allow them in. If they go back to their home country they are killed. The Muslims spend about 3 months in the cells, while the Christians languish for years.

0|2
    0|0
  • Of course not, everyone would walk right into Canada without walking bac.

0|2
    0|0
  • No to the 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

0|2
    0|0
  • No. I want a clone army.

0|1
    0|0
  • It does not matter Kazakh come from russia and go back to Kazakhstan if there are places.
    They suffered enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • At this point id be on board for closed borders until we get our own shit together.

0|1
    0|0
  • That is like having no space between your butt hole and genitals. Everything get covered in shit 😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't even like someone's hand to hover over my fries.
    Hell no
    xoxoxo
    ~Mr Bails Bails

1|1
    0|0
  • Fuck no. We want to keep the illegals and the commies out.

Simples...

0|1
    0|1
  • Sure, what do I care. Open borders and anarchism and might makes right and all that cool stuff

0|1
    0|1
    • Anarchism is the opposite of might equals right. It's against authority and heirarchies.

• I'm not sure if anyone genuinely wants open borders when they fully understand it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Negative. I'd like for the borders to be even more strict.

1|0
    1|0
  • Nope

0|3
    0|0
  • I voted B. NO Open borders.

0|2
    0|1
  • Fuck no

0|2
    0|0
  • No way