Is Switzerland's Neutrality Nothing More Than A Shield Of Immunity For Financial Criminals Committing Tax Evasion From All Over The World?

Billions of dollars are hidden in private personal and corporate Swiss bank accounts every year. The dozens of countries from where the money comes from can't be taxed or even touched without Switzerland's approval... which rarely happens. Even when Switzerland does cooperate and freezes a person's or company's assets because of a criminal investigation, it's like pulling teeth. It shouldn't come as a surprise, since the Swiss government benefits from a percentage of the interest that's generated off all these accounts, which amounts to hundreds of millions of dollars every year. How do you feel about this?
Updates:
3d
I'm not implying or suggesting that Switzerland's neutrality was created for this purpose. I'm stating that over time, particularly in the 20th century and beyond, it has become a tool for those who choose to evade taxes and taken advantage of domestically by the Swiss government.

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 5

• Switzerland has been neutral for over 200 years. Insane tax rates rarely existed then, so no, their neutrality is rather far more than just for people who are avoiding governments that have violated their actual purpose of protecting people and property and replaced it with plundering the productive to buy the votes of freeloading societal leeches.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

No I didn't mean to imply it was set up for this purpose. Morphed into this over time.

• 3d

@Kemil_Zhoki By the way, if you read any of my content from my profile, you'll see that I'm the last person on the planet that supports those who choose to polish their couches with their asses over those who choose to be productive members of society. 👍 I guess you can say that I just see this issue as a form of "insurance fraud". The more that people partake, the more that everyone else's "rates" unnecessarily go up to compensate...

• i think that countries like Switzerland are only around to do such things.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah nuke em, evil fucking corrupt mutha fuckers.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

A little bit over the top...

• 3d

Yeah you are right, one actually beneficial fact about swiss neutrality was that some Austrian and German Jews were able to flee the Nazi's by walking across the boarder, and crossing the alps into France, one guy I think his name was Jack Warner even made it to the US and joined the American army and fought in the pacific.

• 3d

But otherwise they have been war profiteers,

• IVEGOTTOGODOSOMETHING!

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe not originally, but it is now.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes