Does this surprise anyone?

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/texas-county-gop-set-vote-whether-remove-vice-chairman-hes-muslim/ - Texas county GOP set to vote on whether to remove vice-chairman because he’s Muslim

Shahid Shafi identifies as a Republican because of his firm belief in small government, lower taxes and secure borders. But his commitment to core GOP values hasn’t shielded him from ire within his own party.

A group of Tarrant County Republicans will vote Thursday evening on whether to remove Shafi as vice-chairman of the county party after a small faction of members put forth a formal motion to oust him because he’s Muslim.

“We don’t think he’s suitable as a practicing Muslim to be vice chair because he’d be the representative for ALL Republicans in Tarrant County, and not ALL Republicans in Tarrant County think Islam is safe or acceptable in the U. S., in Tarrant County, and in the TCGOP,” O’Brien wrote on Facebook, adding that “there are big questions surrounding exactly where Dr. Shafi’s loyalties lie, vis a vis Democrat and Republican policies.”

37

Most Helpful Girls

Most Helpful Guys

• i wish i were surprised by this. at least then it would mean that i haven't come to expect things like this from humans