Why is diversity so important?

I never understood why... Politicians, media, etc are always talking about diversity and how it's such a great thing. Personally as someone who is currently going to UAA (University of Alaska Anchorage). I don't understand how it is such a rewarding experience or how it's so great. I could care less if my community is diverse or not. Is it just me or does it seem like this message gets repeated way too much? Also I'm sure there are others out there like me but who in all honesty actually cares if a place is diverse or not? And why the hell does it matter? It doesn't affect me in any way.

730

Most Helpful Girl

• "I could care less"--so you do care? what?
    and yep. because it doesn't affect YOU it is SOOOOOO unnecessary. My God, i can't believe you are a real person.

• Whatever lady. If you're offended why you here? I'm here to ask a simple question and get a real response. If you can't give me a nice response with your view on if diversity is or is not important then please leave.

• We should just hire/elect the best most qualified candidate, not the one with the right genitals or skin color. That is why whites hate diversity

• @malegender ooooo, you could've left out the last sentence and i could've compromised. i think you hate diversity, don't put words in other white people's mouths. you clearly didn't read our whole (civilized) thread. but keep on keeping on.

Most Helpful Guys

• Diversity and the acceptance of diversity is a good thing in general. For example, companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Intel, Amazon, and many others hire talent from all over the world, because talent is found all over the world.

I think what you're talking about, though, is "forced diversity for the sake of diversity", which is a policy pushed by the left in order to create more people who are dependent on the government, and thus who will keep voting in the lefties who promise them your tax dollars. In that case, diversity is just a pretext to try to give the lefties a "politically correct shield" - it allows them to make the argument that if you oppose large-scale immigration - especially of low-skilled workers - that you must be racist. That ignores the other reasons why people oppose large-scale, low-skill immigration, but the lefties have figured out that calling people racists - even when everyone knows it's a lie - makes people uncomfortable and often causes them to abandon their argument in order not to appear racist.

If immigrants could not vote until they had lived in the US for 20 years, the Democrats would be arguing FOR the border wall - and probably a minefield and airstrikes - because their only actual reason for wanting open immigration would be gone.

• The only type of diversity that matters is diversity of thought. Anything else is identity politics and should be publicly condemned.