Homeless student life, thoughts?

Homeless students can't afford housing. Thoughts? Why? #Homeless #Poor #Poverty

My Opinion:
I think it's part of the good ol' American dream; the wonderful thing of survival of the fittest. This is so great! (*Joking*)

I think housings and college should be cheaper and more affordable. In addition students should get loans and some financially support. It's because of you needs a high education to get a good job and making things too expensive, especially before you gets a good well paid job, you would end up in a massive debt. It's not communism or socialists spoiling kids giving them some support. It's just motivating more people to go to college, get a good job and work hard in addition to lift more people out of poverty. Scandinavia has a system that seems to work.
Homeless student life, thoughts?

1117

Most Helpful Girls

• First, it's excellent that they are choosing to get an education to make a better life for themselves.

But homelessness is unconscionable to me. Most schools can help them if they visit the counseling office and ask about what resources are available to them.

• I am going to try to save money to pay off my house so I can sell it or rent it out for tuition money for my kids. I am going to highly encourage them to go to a tech school which is cheaper. I am going to highly encourage them to either live for free with me or to rent with a group of friends where they will only be paying 200-300 a month for everything.

When I went to college I lived with my parents for free. When I wanted to move out for grad school, I rented with college kids for 200 a month, includes everything. I also worked full time at a call center and I worked over time. I made only a little over 2 grand a month but that was enough to pay off things.

Most Helpful Guys

• I was homeless 15 years ago. A decade later I had two 50k vehicles and live in a 500k house. It’s work ethic. No weekends off, no vacations until you are in a good place. The difference was in my head. I had a loser attitude so I was a loser.

Girls on the other hand have no excuse to be homeless unless there are mental health issues. They can use either sex or the mere interest of sex to persuade any dude to let them live free. It’s a fact of life.

• Some of the homeless people have mental or physical disabilities. Not all of them are visible though. Therefor working and studying are difficult for them.

• That’s why I mentioned mental health issues. But yes you are right. I thought it obvious that the ones we can help are the ones doing it by choice or poor decision making.

• my brother is homeless. These are the reasons I think he is homeless: 1. he is an alcoholic 2. has no real budgeting wisdom/knowledge 3. has no desire to be not homeless 4. he blames everyone for his problems and acts entitled and when he does not get what he wants, he goes and spends more money and drink some more causing him to have no money to pay rent so they kicked him out of his house... he tried living with me and my sister and did not work. I have given him a car so he can live in that. I tried telling him to stop wasting money going out to eat and drinking, to no avail.

• More loans isn't going to fix the problem it says going to make it worse one of the main reasons why college is so expensive is because of government back student loans that gave the college is an unlimited supply of money. So they just increased tuition every year because they know no matter what is a way for you to pay for it. Then they just spend the money on administrative staff and stuff to make you want to go to the college that's non-educational like lazy Rivers movie theater so on.

The cost of living is because of not in my backyard laws refusing to build what is needed. We can easily build micro apartments that you can rent for probably $100 a month in City centers that usually go for thousands. But in many areas that are against the law because of minimum lot size law.

This problem is literally made by the government interfering and your idea is let's have the government interfere more