Is it just me or are male standards for women too low?

I've honestly noticed this for a while now, women seem to have these ridiculously high standards. You gotta be attractive, physically fit, wealthy, intelligent, unquestioningly loyal, an amazing personality, have eyes only for her to feed her ego, basically you have to be Jesus.

Men on the other hand have the exact opposite problem, being ok with any woman willing to let them nail her as long as she isn't morbidly obese and sometimes even that won't stop a man, because they are so desperate to get laid by anyone willing to let them do it

So when you see more men getting picky about who they go out with, suddenly women are getting upset. It's like men aren't allowed to be selective with their partner and should be happy any woman would grace a man with their presence.

How self important.

114

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is vice versa.
    Men have high standards about women's looks, while women care more about sense of humor and behaviors.
    At least in the place I live.

• 6d

I do care about looks to a certain extent. It's like my mom always told me "Personality matters most, but looking good gets your foot in the door" Yes being attractive makes a good first impression, but being a good person determines whether or not someone will want to stick around.

• 6d

Wait seriously? I was always under the impression that a lot of women only go for a guy if he has a lot of money, but if he has no money the only way a woman would ever date a man is if he looked somewhere around like this.

• 6d

Hahaha not all women are like that. 😂😂😂

Most Helpful Guys

• Women say men have high standards because men are very looks-focused and expect their women to be of a certain level when it comes to physical looks. Women often say that when men complain "I can't get any woman to fall in love in with me", they often mean "I can't get any beautiful woman to fall in love with me."

Men say women have high standards because, while women generally place less emphasis on men's looks compared to the emphasis men place on women's looks, women generally require men to be of a certain standard on a much longer laundry list of criteria: job, financial stability, sense of humor, personality, social status, etc.

Who's right?
    God knows.

• I feel like it's all about what kind of crowd you hang out in. If you have something that clicks with someone else, it can work even if they're not physically attractive to you. A friend of mine met somebody by taking comedy improv classes. Another friend of mine met someone at a Magic the Gathering draft. They don't look like they physically match at all, since the girl was really cute and thin, and the guy was much bigger. But they had a connection and it made sense to each other.

So yeah, these standards in my opinion are only true in certain settings. Dating apps? True. Clubs and bars? True. Social media? Absolutely. Other activities? Not really.