Is it just me or are male standards for women too low?

I've honestly noticed this for a while now, women seem to have these ridiculously high standards. You gotta be attractive, physically fit, wealthy, intelligent, unquestioningly loyal, an amazing personality, have eyes only for her to feed her ego, basically you have to be Jesus.

Men on the other hand have the exact opposite problem, being ok with any woman willing to let them nail her as long as she isn't morbidly obese and sometimes even that won't stop a man, because they are so desperate to get laid by anyone willing to let them do it

So when you see more men getting picky about who they go out with, suddenly women are getting upset. It's like men aren't allowed to be selective with their partner and should be happy any woman would grace a man with their presence.

How self important.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is vice versa.
    Men have high standards about women's looks, while women care more about sense of humor and behaviors.
    At least in the place I live.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I do care about looks to a certain extent. It's like my mom always told me "Personality matters most, but looking good gets your foot in the door" Yes being attractive makes a good first impression, but being a good person determines whether or not someone will want to stick around.

• Show All
    • 6d

Wait seriously? I was always under the impression that a lot of women only go for a guy if he has a lot of money, but if he has no money the only way a woman would ever date a man is if he looked somewhere around like this.
      Is it just me or are male standards for women too low?

• 6d

Hahaha not all women are like that. 😂😂😂

Most Helpful Guys

• Women say men have high standards because men are very looks-focused and expect their women to be of a certain level when it comes to physical looks. Women often say that when men complain "I can't get any woman to fall in love in with me", they often mean "I can't get any beautiful woman to fall in love with me."

Men say women have high standards because, while women generally place less emphasis on men's looks compared to the emphasis men place on women's looks, women generally require men to be of a certain standard on a much longer laundry list of criteria: job, financial stability, sense of humor, personality, social status, etc.

Who's right?
    God knows.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like it's all about what kind of crowd you hang out in. If you have something that clicks with someone else, it can work even if they're not physically attractive to you. A friend of mine met somebody by taking comedy improv classes. Another friend of mine met someone at a Magic the Gathering draft. They don't look like they physically match at all, since the girl was really cute and thin, and the guy was much bigger. But they had a connection and it made sense to each other.

So yeah, these standards in my opinion are only true in certain settings. Dating apps? True. Clubs and bars? True. Social media? Absolutely. Other activities? Not really.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 12

• www.theguardian.com/.../mongolia-reverse-gender-gap-marriage-rate-decline-career-women

'Empowered' women have higher standards because of hypergamy.

0|1
    0|0
  • You are right. look at this video and her list. She is bellow average looking and she is old yet look at her list. Its ok to have standards we should all have them but we need to be realistic and if you have a list you personally need to be those things as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSq4RPWfrz8

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are the gatekeepers to sex, and can be as selective as they want. Not to mention most girls that are average weight and ok looks can just amp up their looks with makeup, and get 1000 instagram followers, which includes plenty of attention to give them the impression they can have nearly any guy. Guys rarely get half that attention.

0|0
    0|1
  • I think it's more nuanced.

Women don't require one to be attractive, physically fit, wealthy, intelligent, amazing personality and such. That'd be extraordinarily unlikely based on the fact that many women are in relationships. Furthermore, the average guy is not wealthy.

And generally speaking guys have some standards

0|0
    0|1
  • A lethal concoction of Feminist-induced Hypergamy and emasculated beta males...

Most (though not all) men will settle for subpar women, but that's because they usually are too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, my standards are almost ridiculously high. I've only ever met like two people who I was genuinely interested in.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because men aren't as shallow and know what it's like to be overly judged :P

0|0
    0|0
  • You are just about right

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I have very little in terms of standards

0|1
    0|0
  • i think you nailed it

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like this question should end with the chant "Incels Unite"! Because everyone who's responding is one. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Is it just me or are male standards for women too low?Is it just me or are male standards for women too low?Is it just me or are male standards for women too low?
    Nuff said.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes