Why do people look down on extroverts?

I’m an introvert but noticed it’s taken as a virtue for some reason and taboo to not be shy.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What? If anything i'd say it's the other way around. Syre and extrovert can say the wrong thing from time to time when they run off at the mouth but if you say more good things than bad most people are going to chalk it up to you just slipped up. An Introvert on the other hand while maybe not intending to be offensive can be taken as a snob or narcissistic for their lack of socialness.

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe it’s a gender role thing could be different for guys

• I can buy that! Guys are expected to be more vocal and dominating and i can see how a woman who might be extroverted can be construed as more than "friendly" if you know what i mean.

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't. The only bad things I really hear about extroverts are from other introverts who can't understand why extroverts act the way they do and instead of just accepting that being super active and energetic and shit in social gatherings is just as normal as being tired out being around social situations, they decide to deprecate extroverts as some kind of weird defense mechanism against imaginary attacks against the introverts own habits.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Some look down on extroverts because they don't tend to do as much thinking vs speaking. Extroverts engage in a lot of small talk which isn't of big importance. But people look down on introverts as well. How they lack social skills.

0|0
    0|0
  • extroverted people dont see the biger picture and take bigger risk no matter the cost. they take into account the well being of friends and family and thats it. them caring about you out of there large circle of friends is non existent and they tend want attention more which is annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • In real life extroversion is praised and rewarded.

The internet consequently skews to introverts who all agree that extroverts are lousy thoughtless flakes and not careful deep thinkers with sensitive feelings like themselves.

Tbh I think not that many people are introverts most are actually shy extroverts.

0|0
    0|0
    • It could also be my family if your shy in front of anybody are an introvert to me.

• I mean -real- introverts are those that find being with a group of close friends tiring. They really need a lot of alone time. Extroverts find a group of friends engaging and rewarding.

Sometimes introverts are shy because they haven’t gotten over it because they don’t care but I’ve known introverts who could be outgoing when needed. On the other hand many shy people crave being part of the group and liked but are scared.

• Sometimes extroverts are related to the "loud and rude minority" when in reality being loud abd being rude are two very separate things.

0|0
    0|0
  • "A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free."
    -Schopenhauer

0|0
    0|0
  • Huh? People love extro, and hate intro. Introverts are viewed as weirdo outcasts

0|0
    0|0
  • You're the only person that thinks this

0|0
    0|0
  • That's their problem.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I only hear bad things about extroverts from self-proclaimed introverts.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes