Why do people look down on extroverts?

I’m an introvert but noticed it’s taken as a virtue for some reason and taboo to not be shy.

29

Most Helpful Guy

• What? If anything i'd say it's the other way around. Syre and extrovert can say the wrong thing from time to time when they run off at the mouth but if you say more good things than bad most people are going to chalk it up to you just slipped up. An Introvert on the other hand while maybe not intending to be offensive can be taken as a snob or narcissistic for their lack of socialness.

• Maybe it’s a gender role thing could be different for guys

• I can buy that! Guys are expected to be more vocal and dominating and i can see how a woman who might be extroverted can be construed as more than "friendly" if you know what i mean.

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't. The only bad things I really hear about extroverts are from other introverts who can't understand why extroverts act the way they do and instead of just accepting that being super active and energetic and shit in social gatherings is just as normal as being tired out being around social situations, they decide to deprecate extroverts as some kind of weird defense mechanism against imaginary attacks against the introverts own habits.