Should rich and prosperous countries aid the poor ones?

We are one of the top members of humanitarian aid lists although we are not a rich country.

• Yes, people who are in needs must be helped.
  • Not at all, everyone is responsible of his own country.
  • Only the ones who are in critical condition (like Yemen)
    Vote C

1664

Most Helpful Guys

• I would not help them in a financial way, but I would help them with knowledge for their survival (basic education, how to grow crops properly, how to manage a city...). The implementation of policies deriving form this knowledge would be their responsibility.

• My answer isn't in the poll but i voted Not at all since it comes closest.
    Any nation's primary goal is to provide for there citizens, if they then have something to spare they can give it to aid in the third world. However i do not think this should be done by the government but by the individuals of a nation who wish to give to charity and of them there are quite a lot.

A governament's sole purpose is to achieve things in a central way that would otherwise be difficult to do for the citizens themselves. Things like road planning and building, law enforcement and defense. And that is where it should end in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girls

• Not in the way it is done. By giving them food, clothes, etc you only fix the problem temporarly. They must learn how to sustain themselves. So we should help them learn that, not to give them free stuff. Investing in those countries and giving them jobs and education is a start.

• While it seems altruistic to send assistance— financial, manpower, etc.— to developing nations, countries ought to be independent, in the grand scheme of things. Developed countries should not be held responsible for sustaining and catering to the necessities of non-citizens in the long run.

Mismanagement of resources is one plausible reason why there is a plethora of developing countries that receive 'aid' (particularly financial in nature) on a perpetual basis, yet seem to barely manifest incremental growth.

Corruption is a form of mismanagement; sending 'aid' should be kept to a minimum, particularly if the bureaucracy governing a certain sovereign state is susceptible to corruption.