Is the "me too" movement further destroying relationships between men and women?

Is the

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Any sane person will always be against rape and sexual assault/harassment. The problem is the movement is constantly redefining the definition of each. I could be reading into it too much but they make it so that just complimenting a girl you want to get to know is harassment (not just complimenting body parts but action of complimenting itself). It seems like they are trying to make any male interaction with a girl a heinous crime.

1|2
    1|0
  • Yes it is, the “metoo” movement is also why more and more guys are deciding to avoid random women.

1|5
    2|1
    • Declining in complimenting us and approaching us too. I read some articles about the extra precautionary measures men are taking in the work force towards women.

• Yes, that too.

Most Helpful Girls

• At the end of the day, women have to decide what man they commit to, and hopefully it's not being brainwashed into believing all men are bad. There's hidden gems everywhere I think. I'm not a fan of the movement

2|3
    0|1
  • Obviously.. it’s the perfect opportunity for crazy feminazis to take it to extreme measures and manipulate the whole movement to just hate on men

1|5
    1|0
    • The #MeToo movement, I think, appeals to feminists who would like to live in a world with no men.

• Show All
    • I just found 40 to 60% of rape allegations are eiather false or can't be proven! I can't believe women be lying like that. Oh wow. This sexist bias always making women out to be victims and innocent is a dangerous culture it can ruin innocent men lives without even a fair trial or conviction.

• Yeah how can women take rape allegations so lightly? Sooo many innocent men go to jail and have their whole life destroyed.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nope. Rape and sexual assault are ruining it.

5|1
    3|14
    • But most men do not rape and assault women in this country. Sooooo

• Show All
    • Okay so you are in an LTR. I checked your age and your a year younger than I am. If you are is the guy older, your age or younger? Also you said men so not one steady man?

• @kbbroiler I have a husband and three boyfriends. 19 years, 9 years, 2 years and the newbie about 7 months.

• Absolutely

0|4
    2|1
  • Movements dont destroy relationships, liars do. If a girl is crazy and accused someone (wrongly) of rape, that's a serious issue. I can understand why men would be afraid of that kind of thing, and why they would be on guard.

I can say that most women wouldn't lie and destroy someone's life just for stupid revenge. Most people in general wouldn't do that to someone. Most people are good people.

2|2
    0|1
  • I think the issues brought up were long overdue, but I also think that, like most such "movements", extremists move in and go way too far, and ruin things for everyone.

Gross abuses should absolutely be punished, but a few crazies want men fired for "eye-rape" (i. e., glancing her direction) and other such nonsense.

Even the vast majority of women disagree with that crap, but some men are having their lives ruined by a few loonies and the RadFems who are supporting them.

2|1
    0|0
  • Not really.

To be completely honest. No rational girl is in lockstep with #MeToo. I feel genuine girls are actually more attempting to express that they're not "one of those" crazy girls who call just anything sexual harassment. #MeToo bestows social power and gives something to focus on for girls who really didn't stand much a chance of having a real relationship. You know who doesn't throw up #MeToo or promote that all over the internet? Hot chicks and just normal girls that guys actually like.

Relationships between men and women will always be present. There are just individuals that decide for themselves whether they want to make it a good one, or go along with a group that tells them they should be jaded. That's it. If you hate men, then #MeToo will resonate with you and give you more fodder for how you already feel. If you actually like men, then you're not even going to consider #MeToo in any serious way that affects your life.

And guys who talk about #MeToo ruining male/female relationships? They don't have any consistent relationships with females to speak of either. Because if a guy hates women #MeToo just gives him more fodder to live out what he already does. A life without women who "just want to hurt him". If a guy actually likes women he's not going to let #MeToo stop him and will likely just avoid women that spew that kind of bullshit and find normal girls he actually likes.

1|0
    2|0
  • that they are becoming vocal about their abuse, no. H Weinstein should be beaten for abusing those women. Some of it goes too far.

5|0
    0|1
  • the agenda behind it is kind of sickening, its an original good message with with a sickening agenda

2|7
    1|0
  • Nope. I am not some horny loser who can’t resist touching up some girl. To be honest, it’s girls who are the horny ones always trying to force guys to have sex with them.

No joke, I was sexually assaulted by a girl who seemingly thought that just because SHE thought I was cute - gave her the right to touch me and start kissing me. She got mad when I told my friends she basically assaulted me.

1|1
    1|0
  • Not in my experience, no. I don’t see how it could ruin it, either. I’m still as much friends with my guy friends as I was before the movement took off. It’s a bit funny because in my experience, the men who say it’s destroying the relationship between the sexes are the ones who don’t have any girl friends.

1|1
    0|4
    • Yeah because they probably don’t want a relationship with women now because they can go way back into your past and then get the guy. It’s easier to stay away from women than to go through bullshit. Also to mention sex dolls and sex robots on the rise female sexuality is now obsolete.

• There was a time in life when I just haad to worry about bowel movements, excuse the pun. Now there's a movement about everything.. I don't keep up wifh movement trends.

You'll have to explain what me too is...

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, unfortunately. I hate the fact that some people assume that every man is a potential rapist/creep/pervert. This really stresses a man because now we have to be careful that our actions would not be interpreted as sexist/rapist... It makes dating and flirting even harder than it already was.

1|2
    1|0
  • Yes and no. there's a lot of creepy dudes who need to be held accountable. My thing is just be a good person and be aware who you around and you'll be fine a lot young WHITE men mostly feel attacked from all sides. But i find 9 time out ten they are fuckboys.

2|0
    1|1
  • Sadly, it is doing more harm than good. For those women who needed to have their say, cheers. However, as Nanette LaRee Hernandez pointed out in her article, tons of those metoo posts are copied and pasted. On top of that, the whole "start by believing" doesn't mesh with our justice system.

Start by getting the whole story from both sides and collecting evidence, if there is any.

Stop firing people for something they MIGHT have done over a quarter of a century ago, before they worked for you... The lawsuits will be huge...

1|2
    0|0
  • I do for some reason just looking at woman wrong is sexual rape. Only if she doesn’t like they had sex years downline they tell people I rape. So now I just avoid women especially if I don’t know them.

1|1
    0|0
  • The movement itself can sometimes be positive as it gives women in Hollywood a chance to speak up. When it extends to women being catcalled it becomes less about speaking up, and more about complaining that unattractive men are hitting on you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Its a political movement and it causes polarization. Ultimately polarization causes fracturing. It can fracture relationships between men and women.

1|1
    1|0
  • It's like feminism. The idea is great, yet certain people who represent the group tarnish the name and give it a bad connotation. So yes it is.

4|0
    1|0
  • Yes, because from what I’m hearing a lot of the stuff the women are describing isn’t actually rape so now men are much more cautious around women that they don’t know because they have no way of telling at first glance how hostile that woman is going to be towards them in a world where an accusation of rape can do irreparable damage to a mans life even if the man has evidence to prove his innocence (which is something he shouldn’t even need for a no evidence accusation due to the presumption of innocence).

Personally I’m not overly threatened by it for now because the only times I interact with women are when I’m introduced by a friend, already know them or am working with them. I don’t just randomly walk up and start conversations with them, I generally don’t do that with any stranger. If a random wants to try and initiate a conversation with me they’re welcome.

But yes the movement has gotten out of control and is definitely doing damage to gender relations.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think the movements in general destroy relationships, like feminism and me too. They become absolutely ridiculous at some point.

1|0
    2|0
  • Honestly I don’t really care about the me too movement. What I realize is women who are the ones that cause other women a lot of harm. They do so by shaming other women about their looks etc. Most women are not supportive of other women. Example, the elections, if women were really as supportive as they claim to be Hillary would have won easily. We all know that sexual assault, harassment and rape is bad and anyone who thinks otherwise needs serious psychiatric evaluation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, since it I've always looked twice at someone instead of just walking by. All those horror stories of being dragged into alleys by strangers and not being believed is really scary.

0|0
    0|1
  • On the surface, the Me too movement is really just about empowering women to speak out against sexual harassment in the workplace and in public that had largely gone ignored because they were often being committed by people in power. There is nothing wrong with this. That being said, I think it's important to remember that not all men are like this and sometimes the movement, just like feminism, can come across as a little too aggressive and unnecessarily make men as a whole feel like they are being unfairly targeted. I think at the core of this issue is that men and women both need to learn to respect one another for who they are. For men that means learning to respect a women and treat her like a normal human being and for women that means not vilifying men and male sexuality as a whole. Yes, there are obvious bad sides to it but men are very sexual by nature and women need to stop making this out to be like it's an overall bad thing. I hope this makes sense

1|0
    1|0
  • The world has become a very silly place because of things like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes it has totally. Look at the stats more and more men going mgtow.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think so. Being victimised by false accusations hardly fosters esteem or respect for the accuser on the part of the accused.

1|1
    0|0
  • If they don’t look like that isralian chick from Wonder Woman - they ugly 😂 LOL...

0|1
    0|0
  • It's lessening the meaning of rape and physical assault, if all unwanted attention is classed as violence then it will eventually right itself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some guys are legit scared of approaching women now. So yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • It just makes any man with sense screen out social justice folks.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. It was originally a good movement. But its about individuals. Not women or men as a whole

0|0
    0|1
  • It hasn't destroyed my relationship with my husband.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, did the progressive era destroy the relationships between the American elite and the American proletariat?

0|0
    0|0
  • I will be hiring someone soon and it will either be my girlfriend or a man. Dont need no hos.

0|0
    1|0
  • It definitely is, why do you think the democratic party is attempting to distance its self from it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I completely agree with @1828avaava1828.

1|2
    0|0
  • Honestly i think it's having virtually no effect.

1|0
    0|0
  • It might be doing yes

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course.

1|0
    0|0
  • That and feminism