Where do people develop extremist views?

You know what I'm talking about. The white supremacists, Social Justice Warriors, leftists, open border activists, etc. Where exactly do people develop extremist views? Is it possible for them to realize their views are nonsense? Should something be done to stop them from developing these views or just let it go? Let me know what you think.

328

Most Helpful Guys

• Freedom of speech is not protected by standing up for the right to express views approved by the majority. Those views are ALWAYS welcomed and encouraged. But freedom to express opinions should never depend upon approval by the majority or a government censorship board. It is only by protecting the right to express unpopular opinions that our right to free speech is preserved.

• Your view that any view which is "extreme" must therefore be wrong simply because it is extreme and for no other reason. . .

Is an extreme view, and predicated upon a clear logical fallacy.

"Extreme" is not another word for incorrect and "moderate" is not another word for correct.

Most Helpful Girls

• I know exactly why but it's too long to explain. I'd be taking days lol. I recommend reading more about sociology. It is sadly more than just a thought like many people mention on here.

• Sociology? Where extremist views are born? What?

• Does taking like 6-7 sociology classes in college count because I thought I wanted to major in it? Sociology is a bunch of BS unfortunately. Glad I learned sooner than later tbh.

• It depends on what exactly you study. I had a whole semester in university about radicalization and it blew my mind. It really opened my eyes and I understood everything so much better. It's more than what we see. I have sociology as a small course.