What the hell is the reason behind this growing Anti-Science and Anti-Stem attitude in Marxism and Sociology?

• Automation is going to totally redefine and possibly invalidate Marxist Class Theory
  • The internet of things is going to expand wealth and empower the 'worker' class and render all the failed artists and "intellectuals" in modern universities less academic authority
  • They're assholes who hate objectivity and go into a rage whenever they're proven wrong or have to change their outlook
    Vote C

110

Most Helpful Guys

• I would say marxists are probably pretty pro science and if anything are overly optimistic about a technocratic version of socialism working better than older attempts.

Certain Marxist influenced sociologists in other fields attempt to take the Marxist class model then replace it with whatever their agenda is and not test it at all. So I’d say some of them are less pro science.

As for STEM most leftist approaches would need a lot of science. I suspect friction with stem is that the stem fields produce lots of people who are happy with capitalism and don’t see themselves as downtrodden laborers in solidarity with their fellow revolutionaries.

• isn't it late stage capitalism mainly refuting the science of climate change at the moment so they can drain the very last bit before the planet dies. as for marxism, the world has changed somewhat in the last 200 years so any progressive marxist/socialist is to me more open to uni at the moment... something the corporations of the right seem to refute as an option but only because it will cost them. we are not the luddites you suggest and i would like to here options from the right as to where we go when automation means none of us have a job to go to

• late stage capitalism? Dude the truth behind climate change is different than what either the left or right is saying. The right says it doesn't exist and the left thinks cow farts and dairy cause it. The reality, what MOST SCIENTISTS THAT BOTH SIDES IGNORE say is that climate change is a natural cycle but that during THIS cycle human's are accelerating the change. Neither side wants to hear that.

• You're not making sense. There is a percentage that's natural and a percentage that human's have caused. We need to determine what we have done wrong to the environment so we can STOP IT, and let the processes that are natural play out.

• we know what we have done wrong... the time to act is now just as it was in 1980 when we all knew what was going to happen. economics drive the result and here in Europe we have shown that a relliance on coal isn't the only answer to cheap electricity if we invest in renewables... i may not be making sense to you but if thats the case its not my fault you haven't given 40 years of research a fair read and you still insist on not responding to my question on what we do when tech and automation takes over.. just take a moment to google ubi if you dont lnow what im talking about. its maybe not the answer but it tends to be the left that are looking into it as a possibility, thats why i want to hear suggestions from the right

Most Helpful Girl

• There isn't one. Right wingers are just having a tantrum because science is progressing and their biases are being challenged and disproved lol

• Except for when their biases are proven to be legitimate survival mechanisms.

• Really so your saying that it's the republican supporters who are wandering around wearing black shirts and masks and beating people up for saying something they don't like or doesn't match with their "facts" facts such as gender and sex aren't the same thing even though the very definition of the two words when applied to a person are exactly the same thing, or the fact that a guaranteed income is the best for everyone even though Finland just finished a two year study into that and found it made things worse even though ocasia Cortez has been proven to be the dumbest fuckwit on the face of this earth who's less capable with a calculator than the UK's Diane Abbott the democrats still hold her as the future. Or are we going to talk about the republicans who burned a man's limo and put him out of business because he was driving a wealthy guy around and they didn't like it, oh yeah that was democrat supporters. Sorry but you're degree is clearly an education in professional unemployment.

• OP: true that. Everyone in the United States is a Capitalist. When we speak of Socialism, it usually just means "anything that involves taxes".

@akihon Well... since you put it that way, no Republicans aren't the ones saying/doing those things. I'm not familiar with the case of the limousine burning but I can assure you, biological sex and gender aren't the same thing in science. I'm not real sure where you heard that Democrats want a guaranteed income for everybody, because that's not a thing.