Are you proud to be white? Explain why or why not?

Obviously directed towards white people, but if you are not white do you think white pride should be a thing?
MHO? Whites only😏
7d
White People, where you at? Whites only MHO 😏

2761

Most Helpful Guys

• I just want to say something that I hope is painfully obvious to you. I mean, you seem smart. So I want to kind of explain basic human identity for the other posters.

It is stupid to have pride in a supposed race.

It is stupid for a black person.

It is stupid for a white person.

It is stupid for an yellow person.

I guess when I start to talk about the other colors, that's when it becomes a little more apparent just how stupid racial classifications are.

"Black" history doesn't exist. . at least as a study of the history of a group of people who only have skin color in common. When you study "Black" history, do you study the ancient Kingdom of Kush? Ancient Egypt? Do they look up the Dogon tribe? Or study ancient Ethiopians? I am not saying that most at GaG know anything about African-American History mind you. I am just saying as a person who has studied it in some measure of detail, you won't find a history of a race.

When we talk about "Black" history, we talk about the history of "Black" Americans. "Black" in this instance is a cultural reference. Referring to the Africans brought to America as slaves. The culture is specific, the history is specific. We talk about Harriet Tubman. We talk about Carter G. Woodson, the actual creator of this concept. We talk about George Washington Carver.

It is silly to pretend that this is a celebration of a race and not a culture. Because I can't speak to the experience of Afro Latinos. I can't speak to the history of Haiti or Jamaica. And I sure as heckfire can't talk about the experience of people in Africa, north, south, east or west. It is silly to pretend that "Black" people all have the same cultural or historical experience. That's why we use the term African-American. Even as a significant portion of the country refuses to be specific when talking about different groups of people who may share some phenotypical similarities. I am not saying all black people share a defined phenotype. Any casual study of genetics will tell you that we do not.

Now in as far as "White" Americans use the term to be specific about a cultural experience of the people in American who claim a connection to one or more European culture (s), of course the term is valid. "White" people are simply a group that accept each other for being "White" here in America. And they should be able to talk about that specific history. They should be able to celebrate it.

And perhaps there is something more unifying about European descended cultures. Of that, I have no idea. I may have European heritage, but no one in America has ever mistaken me for being a member of one of the cultures. Perhaps when I travel outside of America, things are a bit different.

But to make this claim on the basis of race, it as silly as making a similar claim of any other make believe race. "Whiteness" exist only where people recognize it as a unifying principle. How many World Wars do we have to have before we recognize many people simply do not share that idea?

The thing that is fascinating about America, forums like GaG, etc. is the outright refusal to acknowledge something basic about the human experience no matter where you look or where you find human beings, and that is this thing called "culture". And the outright insistence that everyone identify with this make believe thing called "race". When even the proponents can't even identify what they mean by race or why they even use it.

What is race used for? Does it tell you how a person acts? Does it instruct you as to what a person will believe? Does it tell you which group you can blame? Or how you can stereotype people?

When will there be a thread that explains this, since to most raciologists, this is common sense?

• You just wish you were white, choc-ice...

Your a coveted race imperialist.

• 7d

@FreshOutaIdeas Again, you use words without understanding their meaning. You accuse me of what you display in every post which is circular reasoning. It is your defense against logic and common sense.

1. It is common sense that I can't objectively define how group identity works around this planet. Human beings form social groups that make sense to them. That's primarily why race is a complete and abject failure as a classification system. It simply ignores what humans say about their group identity. It is basically an invention of American society.

2. We all know that human beings have group identity. We form social groups. It is basically makes us different than animals. We have a highly developed sense of "society". But the only way find out about those societies or group identities is to talk, ask and listen.

You don't any of that. You have your nutty grouping system and you have to enforce it on everyone. Because your fragile sense of self is tied up in a classification system that is bound to fail. You and yours feel people rejecting "race". Not that it was ever popular in the first place. But that's ultimately why you guys are losing your minds.

You can pity me. You are free to do whatever you wish. It is your psychosis.

But one thing is for absolutely certain. I am at peace with who I am. Because my identity is only dependent me and those who share my group identity.

Unlike you, I don't have to worry every night about what identity people will choose. Or whom "White" women choose to have sex with. Or what history people will choose to honor or respect.

Because my only want or need is the freedom to make my own choices.

Good luck son.

The next few decades won't bring you happiness. I hope you find a way to deal with that fact before that fact deals with you.

• 7d

@FreshOutaIdeas You have talked insanity for a few days just to make one point. So your issue simply put is, you will lose your entire mind if “White” women have sex with men who are not “White”.

Tell me again how you are not crazy.

• Yeah, I'm proud of our technological achievements and prosperous nations.
    However, I think we're really stupid for always helping other races

Most Helpful Girl