What do you think are the chances that the US would invade Venezuela in the near future?

• I think they may invade
  • I do not think they will invade

638

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I am not a fan of Guadio but Venezuela under Maduro is worse than majority of the countries on earth, in terms of finance, economy and welfare.

People eat cats and dogs because they cannot find anything to eat and loot markets. Minimum wage is equivalent to 3 dollars.

I don't think they could resist If US was to release a military intervention.
    However US has its own problems inside as well, and they are still not done with the Middle East and Afghanistan.

And I don't think US military intervening could bring peace to Venezuela. Just look at Iraq or Afghanistan.

So I would say that is is vague.
    Heaven knows.

• Peace there is impossible to achieve due to propaganda and people ready to die to show it to the infidels

• @Tilin29 that and the borders on the Middle East were made very arbitrarely, just like in Africa. They did not follow cultural, religious or linguistic lines, hence why the constant conflict. Imagine some colonial power conquered Europe and when they left, they created a mish-mash of countries. Imagine a country that spands from the North of Italy up to the South of Germany, East of France and West of Hungary - that's already half a dozen different cultures, languages and a few different sects of Christianity in there. Well, that is the case with most post-colonial divisions of Africa and the ME.

The same, as I understand, is not true with South America. Venezuela could, in theory, be stabilized far easier than Iraq or Afghanistan.

Most Helpful Guys

• they won't because there's trump running.
    if it was hillary, all the trigger happy democrats would have been at war with Russia by now.

On the side, is it just me that sees Venezuela's situation as created by interest groups that isolated the country economically just so it's population starves until the breaking point, so they revolt out of desperation against the president that did not want to give the oil away?

It's funny how the "urgency" for democracy is created in these countries that don't want to obey.

• It's starting to feel like Maddy Boy might need a little extra push, isn't it?

So, odds on, I reckon. Probably with Colombian and Brazilian military back up, too.

• The best thing out of this is that this is the first conventional war in the current era of memes. It'd be interesting to see what kind of new ones come out of this, or how even.