If you discovered you were the son or daughter of a notorious serial killer - would you keep it a secret, or go public about it?

This question came to mind after watching a documentary about serial killer , Ted Bundy. Whilst on death row he fathered a daughter , Rose Bundy

If you discovered you were the son or daughter of infamous serial killer- would you change your name , and hide the fact that your father was a serial killer. Or would you be open and honest about it, and tell people who your father is?

Ted Bundy , his wife Carole Ann Boone and their daughter Rose

2420

Most Helpful Girls

• I really wouldn’t have much reason to care either way. It’s not something I’d broadcast like hey look at meee, guess who the daddy is!!! But if someone were to go out of their way to ask, I’d just give it to them straight. If I happen to have their last name and it somehow fucks with my money then I’d probably change my name.

• I would stay private. There are too many crazies out there who often equate what someone else has done with their offspring, and it's not the same thing. The children of these murderers didn't ask to be put in the spotlight and I don't think they should or I would want to be if a parent was a serial killer.

Most Helpful Guys

• I would wait to establish myself first. I would go directly to a crime helping unit, I would want to be seen as helping and that way I have control of how it comes out.

• Make it public... then probably write a book and go live on the beach somewhere in Mexico!

• something you need to remember is there are laws against profiting from murder. even if you aren't the murderer. this involves writing books. now you could write a book about them yourself, but not about the murder.

• @TheWormGuy OJ wrote a book... it will be fine LOL