If you discovered you were the son or daughter of a notorious serial killer - would you keep it a secret, or go public about it?

This question came to mind after watching a documentary about serial killer , Ted Bundy. Whilst on death row he fathered a daughter , Rose Bundy

If you discovered you were the son or daughter of infamous serial killer- would you change your name , and hide the fact that your father was a serial killer. Or would you be open and honest about it, and tell people who your father is?
If you discovered you were the son or daughter of a notorious serial killer - would you keep it a secret, or go public about it?

Ted Bundy , his wife Carole Ann Boone and their daughter Rose

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I really wouldn’t have much reason to care either way. It’s not something I’d broadcast like hey look at meee, guess who the daddy is!!! But if someone were to go out of their way to ask, I’d just give it to them straight. If I happen to have their last name and it somehow fucks with my money then I’d probably change my name.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would stay private. There are too many crazies out there who often equate what someone else has done with their offspring, and it's not the same thing. The children of these murderers didn't ask to be put in the spotlight and I don't think they should or I would want to be if a parent was a serial killer.

4|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I would wait to establish myself first. I would go directly to a crime helping unit, I would want to be seen as helping and that way I have control of how it comes out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make it public... then probably write a book and go live on the beach somewhere in Mexico!

3|0
    0|0
    • something you need to remember is there are laws against profiting from murder. even if you aren't the murderer. this involves writing books. now you could write a book about them yourself, but not about the murder.

• @TheWormGuy OJ wrote a book... it will be fine LOL

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd do exactly what Carole anne boone did with her daughter. Change name, start over. Move past the heartache and pain.

0|0
    0|0
  • Change my name... move... don't want that attention.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't tell people until I was comfortable with them. So yeah, I probably wouldn't go public with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • People are stupid and in reality would judge you. Why the hell would I tell? Good enough reason for people to bully you too

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd keep it secret. If they killed innocent people for the fun of it, theyed be dead to me anyway and I'd want nothing to do with them

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm the niece of a serial killer called Lenny Thompson Murphy :) I never met him but my dad told me many interesting stories :D

0|0
    0|1
  • I’d hide it.
    Wouldn’t need all the freaks of the true crime community coming after me. All those serial killer obsessed women have something wrong with them lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I would keep it secret especially if I was still black.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would hide it, because of prejudice, a person like that could find the fucking cure for cancer, and they would still remain labeled as a sleeping psycho killer

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't keep it a secret. It doesn't matter who my father is, he is not me. So I wouldn't care but if asked I would tell honestly who my dad is

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go public just for the popularity.
    In my country there is a saying, "The only bad publicity is no publicity"

0|0
    0|0
  • ah, yes
    my parents were watching that too.
    i'd probably keep it a secret

0|0
    0|0
  • I would hide it considering i dont want to be judged for the way my father was , but i would eventually tell someone that I felt close to

0|0
    0|0
  • I would go public in order to become famous and make money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are they allowed to father children? I wouldn't want that in my country. I would also keep it secret.

0|0
    0|0
  • Change my name and keep it a secret. I only tell a wife.

It's extremely shameful to be the seed of a murderous evil monster.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tell everyone and make money off of that shit.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't go public, I'd change my name and move places.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go public, because I simply wouldn't give a fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Apparently Hitler's son is VERY low profile and avoids publicity.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go public and get all the women. They would be turned on knowing I'm the son of a serial killer

0|2
    4|0
  • I wouldn't want to go public but I don't think I would allow anything about it to get to me...
    U can't choose who your parents u know..

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd tell my friends, because i honestly wouldn't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd definitely hide it and change my name to Joe Kickass

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be too ashamed to go public with that information.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go public with it and let every single person on earth know what my parents did!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm actually related through my Mayflower ancestor to a famous spree killer, Charles Starkweather

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be all messed up in the head.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd call the cops

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely keep that hidden. That poor girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Best to hide it. People are lesser empathetic now

1|0
    0|0
  • Would be freaky

0|0
    0|0
  • I would cll the cops.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0