Why don't some people have any goals/don't know what they want?

They also usually do not have any drive or motivation. What are the reasons behind this?
Goals
Goals

1323

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it's fine not to know what you want or not have any goals. If you live by let it be let it flow let it become whatever it is you will live a much happier life. If you see many people have diseases, are mentally tired , feel blank no happiness nothing because they believe that goal that silly meaningless goal means a lot in this life.. they try try try fight cry repeat and they end up dying with regrets I wish I did this or that. Life doesn't have a finish line is ok not to achieve smth we are so brainwashed do this do that do this do that you don't have too. Says who? Our society. Fu** them

• Everyone has some kind of goals, sometimes they are just hiding it. And everyone wants something, perhaps sometimes it's hard for them to pinpoint on how to get it. like they want to be happy, but not sure what would bring them happiness. they want a job that is satisfactory, but not sure what kind of job would it be. they need to experience more in order to know what to choose from. or sometimes they just like how things are. not everyone has the need to reach for the stars.

Most Helpful Guys

• Because its hard to find a goal. You dont always lack motivation. Sometimes you simply dont know what you would enjoy. Before you can build a passion for something, you have to try it out.
    While i have a lot of interests, i never cared about a career or a job. Only when i got 22 years old i found out i actually enjoy programming and i think its highly interesting. But that was pure luck. A coincidence. I could have very well never found that out

• I live in the moment. My goal is to not have a goal. To do what I want, when I want. Goals can become a fixation. I consider too much drive and ambition to be a negative. I would never get along with a partner who was overly ambitious and fixated on future goals.

Fuck adventure games and fantasy novels. Live the adventure for real. It's out there waiting, but people are afraid of it.