Why don't some people have any goals/don't know what they want?

They also usually do not have any drive or motivation. What are the reasons behind this?
Goals
Goals

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it's fine not to know what you want or not have any goals. If you live by let it be let it flow let it become whatever it is you will live a much happier life. If you see many people have diseases, are mentally tired , feel blank no happiness nothing because they believe that goal that silly meaningless goal means a lot in this life.. they try try try fight cry repeat and they end up dying with regrets I wish I did this or that. Life doesn't have a finish line is ok not to achieve smth we are so brainwashed do this do that do this do that you don't have too. Says who? Our society. Fu** them

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone has some kind of goals, sometimes they are just hiding it. And everyone wants something, perhaps sometimes it's hard for them to pinpoint on how to get it. like they want to be happy, but not sure what would bring them happiness. they want a job that is satisfactory, but not sure what kind of job would it be. they need to experience more in order to know what to choose from. or sometimes they just like how things are. not everyone has the need to reach for the stars.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Because its hard to find a goal. You dont always lack motivation. Sometimes you simply dont know what you would enjoy. Before you can build a passion for something, you have to try it out.
    While i have a lot of interests, i never cared about a career or a job. Only when i got 22 years old i found out i actually enjoy programming and i think its highly interesting. But that was pure luck. A coincidence. I could have very well never found that out

1|0
    0|0
  • I live in the moment. My goal is to not have a goal. To do what I want, when I want. Goals can become a fixation. I consider too much drive and ambition to be a negative. I would never get along with a partner who was overly ambitious and fixated on future goals.

Fuck adventure games and fantasy novels. Live the adventure for real. It's out there waiting, but people are afraid of it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I blame depression.

0|0
    0|0
  • One boy I know doesn't have any goals and he doesn't know what he wants very often. He has quite low self esteem so probably he doesn't set any goals because he thinks he can't achieve them or maybe because he's also quite pessimistic and thinks that everything is nonsense cause all people are going to die in the end...

0|1
    0|0
  • Not having goals does not make you a bad person. Life would be very bad if we did not have garbage collectors and janitors and taxi drivers and bus drivers. Somebody has to do the low paying jobs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone has goals they just might be different to you...

Your goal should be to stop worrying about other people’s goals and figure out what you want...

Maybe you don’t know what you want?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the people I've met that haven't got any goals are the ones that haven't had to fend for themselves in the sense that there's always someone bailing them out i. e. parents, family... but there could be reasons for that concern their personality traits...

0|0
    0|0
  • They are trying to figure out.
    Or it must be thaf whatever they stepped into gave them back slash.
    Or they have seen the bad part of their goals and are afraid.
    Or they are spiritual, they dont desire anymore.
    Or they want to attain contentment.
    Or they are waiting...

Mant reasons are possible.
    I stated from my view, coz im such a guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it is because I haven’t been exposed to much mostly because of my age. I honestly do feel like all my paths that I was told to have a happy life are doomed to fail in that and only cause more stressors. If I was told of other paths besides what I was told then I would probably have more drive in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know all the reasons, but one of the main ones is because if they define a goal, then they have also defined the conditions for their failure. And they are terrified of being a failure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people just don't know what they want.
    I didn't know what I wanted until I was 22.
    Why?
    No clue. Just didn't know.
    It came to me randomly once I figured it out.
    Sometimes people just get lost.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) you have to know yourself
    2) and the truth to know what to do

MOST HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE TRUTH IS CAUSE IT TAKES YEARS OF STUDY

and knowing who you are takes time

also some people JUST DO NOT CARE

0|0
    0|0
  • Million dollar question. It irks me as well to hear when someone is all, "whatever" about their entire life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe too many dreams of theirs died or they have little hope for what they can achieve

1|3
    0|0
  • well...

1|1
    0|0
  • They’re just motivated to do other things than you. They have different values.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably they're still looking for a passion or just aren't motivated.
    Then there are some who are plain old lazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Different values, evolving, influence from society. Dunno

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, my opinion is because this world is fucked up that some can't achieve their goals and see their goals are pointless in this world.

0|0
    0|0
  • i only know that i want to be millionaire, how? I dont know yet

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like me. I honestly just don't want anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's probably because people don't dream of something that they couldn't afford

0|0
    0|0
  • No, they don't.
    They're stuck in their past while the present keeps on running them down

0|0
    0|0
  • These people are sure about results and they know what they don't want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Broken spirit. To many past failures. No support from others. Lack of skills or talent

0|0
    0|0
  • They're isn't really anything in life I want

0|0
    0|0
  • You feel they should?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people change
    No one can tell the future

0|0
    0|0
  • Because their losers.

0|0
    1|0
  • I live in the moment.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    1|0
  • And they're the ones that are more successful

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we live in a very lady generation

0|0
    0|1
  • They learned that success is being rich to start with or to be in the right spot at the ight moment and gamble on the good decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • High Intelligence often leads to a sense of dread and hopelessness. When you know the truth you also know there is no point in trying 🤔😑😒

2|3
    0|0

Recommended myTakes