Is CO2 being unfairly demonized and treated like Jews under Hitler?

Some grade A climate change denying for y'all

"“The demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler,”

"[Vilification of carbon dioxide] differs little from. . . the Soviet extermination of class enemies or ISIL slaughter of infidels"

"“Warming and increased CO2 will be good for mankind.”

The guy, William Happer, is supposedly being considered by the Trump administration to determine whether climate change is a danger.

#CO2LivesMatter

www.vanityfair.com/.../william-happer-climate-change-panel

www.independent.co.uk/.../...-hitler-a8789966.html

I know vanity fair is biased, but still the quotes exist. Is CO2 being unfairly demonized and treated like Jews under Hitler?
  • Yes. #CO2LivesMatter
    Vote A
  • No. CO2 deserves to be shamed
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• CO2 and water vapor are the most prevalent 3-atom molecules in the atmosphere.

Such gaseous molecules are greenhouse gases because they have extra kinetic modes and thus can retain more energy than 2-atom molecules like O2 and N2 which dominate our atmosphere.

Temperature is the measurement of average molecular energy of a large group of molecules.

Thus, the more greenhouse gases there are, the higher the temperature becomes.

The water vapor is in the atmosphere as part of the hydrological cycle so its amount does not change much.

But human activity is causing a steady increase in CO2 so the atmosphere is steadily increasing in average temperature.

It's really very simple physics. So simple, it was first predicted in 1896.

CO2 does not deserve the bad reputation.

We do.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's that there is too much of it which is one of the causes of climate change.

If there were 1 billion Jews in Israel how do you think the environment there would fare?
    It would be an even more fucked up shit hole than it is already

0|1
    0|0
    • It's not a shithole, far from it. But it is already pretty full in half of the areas suitable for big towns with just 8 million. Wouldn't really fit lol

• Show All
    • What are you going to do there? Walk around aimlessly?

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes, but not sure about your analogy. Without this compound we would die, plants need it it gives off oxygen and we need that . We give out CO2 , back to the plants !!

0|1
    0|0
    • I did not make the analogy

• Show All
    • True. Hence I posted the question

• I agree with the sentiment, sadly the only way to reverse the problem is to reduce the population which is a none starter. But when you consider the earth has been warming for thousands of years, it would like trying to stop the sun rising. The only is to work with global warming not to waste time trying to stop it. Cut waste and pollution yes as for CO2 no !!!

• The debate of whether not climate change is real or not is OVER. The only thing that is mildly for discussion is whether or not climate change is man made - which over 97-98 percent of all renowned scientists in the world agree that it is. And, fun fact, the only scientists (like 28 or so) who have said it isn't man-made are also connected and funded by corporate parties that lobby for fossil fuels.

0|1
    0|0
  • CO2 is a molecules. As far as I know, there aren't walking, talking molecules.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well carbon dioxide is a gas so I dont think thats a good analogy.

0|2
    0|0
  • To even link those two subjects demonstrates ignorance beyond all comprehension.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think so.
    Anything in nature which gets out of balance will cause damage.

0|1
    0|0
  • And that ladies and gentlemen is (at the very least) the fallacy known as "False Equivalence" where a comparison is made between two complex topics using only one quality or they share.

In this case the only example of this thought process would be...

"Hitler wanted Jews to be reduced
    (gone, but lets not be too intellectual) and earth scientists want CO2 production to be reduced.
    That means that Scientists are Hitler, and Jews are Carbon dioxide."

There is no other possible correlation to the scenarios, and this is ONLY considering the false implications of the statement, while leaving out all the factors from whoever said this to imply victim mentality and suggest it as a potential debate.

Scientific community doesn't and shouldn't care about peoples conflict of interest, but the cruel truth is that a lot of earth scientists who do not qualify for any concrete profession, will be hired by major corporations and stuffed into a lawyers case file.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dude sounds crazy. No wonder Trump likes him.

0|1
    0|0
  • CO2 are not persons

0|1
    0|0
  • guess we’ll just die then

0|1
    0|0
  • Global warming is a natural process, happened before, and the world will survive

0|1
    0|0
  • CO2 is what makes nature grow

0|1
    0|0
    • WHY ARE YOU ANTI-NATURE?

• I don't know, it's so complicated. I just know that there must be some kind of rule, where the bigger the climate change activist, the bigger their carbon foot print.

0|1
    0|0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes