Do you think Islamic republic of Iran is qualified to be in UN Women's Rights committee? Do you trust them to judge women's rights violations?

Islamic republic just sentenced Nasrin Sotoudeh, a human rights activist and lawyer, to 38 years in prison and 148 lashes (basically a life sentence because she's already 55). And that's after she already spent 6 years in prison.

Why? Because she represented imprisoned Iranian opposition activists, including women arrested for appearing in public without Hijab.

And now Iran gets seat on UN Women's rights committee. lol
Nasrin
Nasrin
  • Yes
  • No
  • UN Women's Rights Committee is the BEST place to INCLUDE the most sexist, women hating countries!!! WHERE ELSE would they LEARN about women's rights? There's NOTHING to worry about! NOTHING will go wrong!!! NOTHING!!! #Inclusivity #Diversity #LoveTrumpsHate
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D

317

Most Helpful Guys

• i actually live in Iran and it's ridiculous seeing that people around the world feel sorry for Iranian women because they have to cover their hair while we're struggling here everyday of our lives because of the stupid policies made by our own incompetent government and western governments. why do people just focus on women when everyone is suffering here. i don't expect you to believe this but men are having it much worse than women in Iran. the only reason you don't hear about it is because men don't get as much sympathy as women.

• Actually personally, I don't focus on Iranian women that much, even though it's a pretty important matter since they don't even have the most basics of rights which is to choose not to wear religious clothing if they want and expressing themselves in ways they wish.

I actually know males (especially working class males) have it far worse than a lot of women in Iran because they are expected to work and feed an entire family while their economy goes downhill and for that, sometimes they have to work 3-4 jobs (and still not being able to have a decent life). And that's while their women stay at home.

I also understand the frustration you feel and agree with what you said. The world (west in particular) is pretty obsessed with women's issues rather than focusing on both genders. It's a problem western males face too.

But again, women's issues is one issue and must be discussed. I guess you could at least try to use westerners' obsession for it to make your voice heard.

• خیلی مسخره بود این حرف از کی تا حالا به مردها بیشتر سخت میگذره تا خانم ها؟ همه ی مشکل ها به اندازه خودشون اهمیت دارن قرار نیست که چون شرایط اقتصادی خوب نیست مشکلات خانم ها بی اهمیت جلوه داده بشه...۳۸ سال زندان واسه یه وکیل فقط بخاطر دفاع از حق خودش تاسف واره و کل دنیا باید ازمون حمایت کنه

• @Little_Princesa

عزیزم، کسی نگفت به مردها "خیلی" بیشتر سخت میگزره. میگفتیم مشکلات ایران به مشکلات زنان خطم نمیشه و بسیار ریشه ای تر از اینهاست، که البته کاملا هم درسته.

• Sure!

Riyadh is already in the U. N. Human Rights Council, so why shouldn't Tehran be in the U. N. Women's Rights Committee?

Remember Saudi Arabia's Qassim Girls Council?
    http://www.alriyadh.com/1577183

Now, it's Tehran's turn!

Most Helpful Girl

• Iran is a joke when it comes to women’s rights. They’re very strict and I’ve lived there before.

But why isn’t changes being made? Because ridiculous feminists are till marching for rights in westernised countries. Smh.