Do you think Michael Jackson DID IT?

HBO will release the documentary "Leaving Neverland" where people claims they've been sexually abused by Michael Jackson when they were children. Some of them hasn't spoken a lot to the media about it before after his death. It's discussed if they're lying to gain fame and wealth or if they're really telling the truth. #Neverland #LeavingNeverland #MichaelJackson

My Opinion:
Some may say I'm a bit biased since I likes Michael Jackson's music, but anyway - here's my opinion: I don't believe Michael Jackson is guilty and won't believe it until it's proven. The court declared him innocent and there aren't any evidence him doing it.

Some people seems to confuse sexually abuse and childish behavior not matching our society's norms on how adults are supposed to behave. It's known Jackson had a stressful childhood with a lot of work and difficulty with people around him, so he may have missed getting a properly childhood and therefor he behaves like a child sometimes in his adult life. It's not uncommon for abused children to behave that way and I've witnessed it myself (met people behaving that way + knowing their backstory). Most likely Jackson saw the other children as "friends" and he sometimes saw himself as a child too; one of them. It's not uncommon among children to share bedroom in a sleepover, sitting close together, teasing each others etc. Children have a playful nature, but it looks weird when an adult do it. Jackson may not realize what he did was weird because he was "one of the kids" in his mind.

PS! I've not watched the documentary yet. It hasn't been released in my country.

• Yes (Explain Why)
  • No, the documentary "kids" are lying (Explain Why)
  • No, the documentary "kids" misunderstood something (Explain Why)
    Vote C
  • Other (Explain What & Why)
    Vote D

2637

Most Helpful Girls

• No, I do not believe any of those allegations. I’m not even a fan of his. But this whole conspiracy around him is very interesting. I did my own little research... the kids that made their claims later confessed to it all being a bunch of lies because their parents set them up to do it for money. Not only that, there are kids who’ve spent time in the whole wonderland place that will defend MJ till this day, free of charge. In my opinion, higher ups wanted MJ to fail because he owned like half of Sony and he wasn’t stopping 👀 the dude had so many leeches and jealous snakes around him. I am not surprised at all that the media just wants to continue to hurt his legacy even AFTER his death. Tragic 😬 the documentary is slandering garbage, not even well put together. I haven’t listened to one song by the dude in YEARS and yet it makes me a little mad. Like it’s so sad that humans are capable of such despicable things. From my understanding the guy definitely had his issues and yeah it wasn’t really appropriate to physically lay down with children that are not his at night—but he acted like a big baby himself. So, not sure why people automatically jump on this pedophilia train. As far as I can tell, he did his best to use his fame and money to help others, even gave someone their royalties for free. That never happens.
    He had his faults but he was good.

• This is a very tricky subject because just because someone doesn’t have children of their own but adore children doesn’t instantly make them a weirdo pedophile. Children have whimsy and wonder that most people lose by adulthood. I enjoy playing with children sometimes. They’re fun and sweet!

Pedophilia isn’t hanging out with children; it’s sexualizing children. If there wasn’t any inappropriate behavior then I don’t see a problem with it.

• Michael Jackson had wives and children.

• Exactly. People with kids have sleepovers and some people just love children. It’s only weird if it’s inappropriate

Most Helpful Guys

• Nope. And the reason is that there simply is no evidence that he did it. Hell, there isn't even any concrete evidence that MJ was even sexually attracted to children. The LAPD raided his home three-times from top to bottom and the only sexual content they found was heterosexual porn. There was no discovery of child porn or anything that would assume he liked kids in a sexual manner.

Besides the lack of evidence, the other thing that makes me affirm his innocent is how much these victims changed their story. One year they profess with vindication that MJ didn't molest them while praising him dearly. Then the very next year (when they're scratching for cash) their entire story changes to him molesting them, which then reverts back to him not doing it the following year.

In the past 20+ years, MJ story has been the only consistent one. Everyone else's story has either changed multiple times or their credibility has been destroyed after it was discovered that they and their families had a history of theft, extortion, and perjury.

• i tend to think that people don't pay $25million (when on the verge of bankruptcy) if they haven't done something wrong and know that mroe investigation will lead to a bigger issue.

i don't think childless adults have children sleep at their houses just for fun

there are many many wealthier celebs and yet few have the persistent number of stories and allegations around them. so i'd point to where there is smoke there is generally fire

I think ALL the parents of the alleged victims should also be considered guilty to an extent but i do think MJ (who was a hero of mine growing up) did something with these children