Do you agree with everyone in the US being guaranteed $12,000 a year in free money or in other words, a Universal Basic Income?

This is one of the platforms that Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang is running on. Supposedly, what people fear is that a UBI would promote laziness and that many would not work because of it. Another reason why people wouldn't like it is because the free money would come from those who do choose to work. What do you think?

https://www.yang2020.com/what-is-ubi/

https://www.sciencealert.com/universal-basic-income-doesn-t-make-people-work-less-says-new-study

https://www.ccn.com/andrew-yangs-crazy-ubi-plan-give-lazy-freeloaders-12000-every-year-for-doing-nothing/amp
  • Yes
  • No

752

Most Helpful Guys

• It is a blatant lie to refer to any government benefit as "free." For every dollar that someone receives, a tax payer must pay a dollar in taxes. If people don't pay their taxes, they are prosecuted, so the truth is that the government forces people to pay taxes.

Let's rephrase the question. If I don't want to work, should my neighbors be forced to give me money every month? That sounds like an entirely different question, doesn't it?

• 3d

Well to balance that out, no more tax break hand outs ever.

• 3d

@MScifiwriter Right! "Those jobs aren't coming back! Those jobs are gone forever!"

• 1d

Thanks for MHO!

• Nothing is free. Someone is going to pay the price.

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree with what you wrote in the description, a universal basic income will promote laziness and those who work hard shouldn't be obligated to be taxed to pay the salaries of these people who don't work.

• It’s not free. Someone has to pay for it. Typical liberal bull shit.

• 3d

Course not, no one ever said it was, it's called higher taxes.

• 2d

@Rissyanne I see, so because I have an opposing opinion, you instantly concluded and lash out that I'm lazy. Well, I have nothing to prove to you.

• 2d

@MScifiwriter if you are for getting an income for doing absolutely nothing... that makes you lazy