Do you believe it's possible to live off of minimum wage where you live?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Assuming a 40 hour full work week, and you're living on your own.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Working fulltime? Possibly. Its 15 an hour so working 40 hours a week would earn you 2400 a month. Lets say rent is 1100 and food is 400. You have 1000 left for bills, insurance, phone plan, gas or transit, medication, and others.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh and taxes take a fair bit too

• Tax is around 22% so you'd only have 1872
      Rent=1100. Food=400. Phone bill=50. Bus pass=80. Not including bills or insurance you would barely have enough

• Yeah it is wouldn’t be pleasant but it’s possible

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You'll live, but you won't have any money to spare.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• $290 per week... before taxes (less than $200 per week after taxes)

no not without assistance

0|0
    0|0
  • No you'd struggle alone at three times the minimum wage. Two people together each earning a little over minimum wage would live in the hood with with bums fucking out back fucking in the alleys, lights and sirens wakening them up in the middle of the night, drugs and hoes being sold on the corner, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you rent only 1 room and share all the rest, don't have a bf/gf and don't leave to have fun ever, yes, it's possible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Even the federal minimum wage is enough to *survive* on anywhere in the United States--given no kids nor medical conditions that require regular treatment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in Scotland even the police have to claim Tax credits not if they are single but if they are married with a child or two plus we don't have to pay for health care like in America if we can't work we don't have to pay any rent l am very happy that l was born in Scotland its very nice

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, i think people need almost $30.00 a hour
    to make it in the United States. They need pay
    Rent, Utilities , Car payments , Cable bill, Food Bill
    yes the cost of living in the US is extreme in some
    places.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol not a chance. And we don't have that high of standard of lving where i live. I think the avg is lik 41 to 42,000 a yr.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those are starter wages for the someone who has no experience and maybe going to school.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao no. I’m a shift supervisor for Arby’s and I still barely afford rent, bills and food.

0|0
    0|0
  • My nephew does it quite well. Mind you he lives right in town & doesn't own a vehicle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if you have to pay rent or a mortgage and run a car.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah you can. Still survive. Won't buy property, but still feed yourself, have internet access.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but why not to better yourself instead of being at the bottom...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but, unless you claim government benefits, you really shouldn't have kids or expensive tastes

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • You could survive on it, but you’d never get ahead

0|0
    0|0
  • Good luck living in South Beach
    On minimum wage

0|0
    0|0