Mass shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand, comments?

I don't know what to put here... The only reason they attacked New Zealand is because we're perceived as a safe country...
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/111319664/christchurch-mosque-shooting-what-you-need-to-know
Updates:
7d
we just heard roumers there are bomb threats in Auckland which is where I live
7d
Christchurch is a city in nz, not the name of the mosque...

1|5

Most Helpful Girls

• All I know is, it's a terrorist trying to fight terrorism by spreading terror. Hypocrites!

It's sickening. I'm Muslim and Fridays are very special to us. It's the day of a very special Jummah prayer in the afternoon, which is an obligatory prayer for men and a small celebration of its own. People shower, wear their nicest clothes which are freshly washed and ironed, wear some good fragrance and go to the mosque, meet everyone living in the area/neighborhood, socialize with them, pray in congregation and make arrangements to provide some form of charity to the poor. In almost every Muslim household there's amazing dishes cooked for lunch on Fridays. Friday is weekend in many Muslim countries.

And such a special day is turned into tragedy by a bigoted, racist, White Supremacist, TERRORIST. When he entered the mosque someone welcomed him in but that bastard shot him first. Imagine a peaceful place of prayer with nothing but God in everyone's hearts, everyone being off-guard, suddenly being shot with guns.

People need to understand that violence ignites more violence. Terror triggers more terrorism. Muslims killing non-Muslims because "they are killing Muslims in the East" and non-Muslims killing Muslims because "they are killing non-Muslims in the West".

It's not just a tragedy for New Zealand. It's a tragedy for the entire Muslim community and entire mankind. They were peaceful, innocent people who did no harm to anyone, and they didn't deserve this. This is what the weak does. And people are only blaming Muslims attacking churches to justify this, which is sickening to say the least. If you have even an ounce of courage then find out the real violent people who are real terrorists and finish them off. Why targeting people who did nothing to you?

3|4
    1|2
    • 7d

I am a hindu and i have nothing against muslims and terrorism has no religion instead of dividing people based on their religion , we should all fight against terrorim bcoz we are humans first

• 7d

@bhavy24 Thanks for the lovely words, you are absolutely right. Terrorism has no religion.

• 7d

😁😊

• The irony that the people who they talk about on everyday's media as a group of savages wanting to do nothing but bomb the country are the ones who were just killed and they had done nothing at all!

As Muslim's we are always treated badly or hated because we just cover our heads. Muslims suck if they don't accept transgenders but it'd be alright if you're a Christian and a LGBT hater?

This world is becoming more scary every day, it's sad really, we have nowhere to go, we are being harassed in our countries because of how bad our presidents and governments are, how expensive life is, and kicked out from the countries we imigrate to —America, and all that, and killed in the countries we thought we would find peace in! And we are still the bad people!

4|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• it's really sad. it shows that extremism lives and thrives in the radical right and left. it shows that the vast majority of people who are right, left, and center end up being the victims

what was disturbing and extremely concerning was that so much of what the shooters posted on social media as their reasons for carrying out the act (declining white populations, white genocide, immigration, etc) is what is seen on a daily basis on this very site. so while some may think rhetoric and ideologies is harmless freedoms of speech that very rhetoric and ideology is the reason actions get carried out

6|6
    0|1
    • 7d

Freedom of speech is a joke now

• Show All
    • 3h

@CubsterShura that's exactly what freedom of speech is. It's your right to express yourself. Yes even if it's negative. it's also the same freedom of speech that is giving muslims the right to speak about the things they want to speak about. Its a two way street

• 22min

@NightRyder if a Muslim goes around speaking racist stuff or provoking terrorism and makes claims like girls shouldn't go to school then yes they shouldn't be able to speak such stuff in public as well.

Better luck next time Jared.

• If Muslims as a whole could better assimilate with western culture I don’t think these things would happen
    People are just sick and tired of countries letting in floods of them while they come and march for anti west purposes and people like Linda Sarsour trying to implement sharia law in America

Are you freaking nuts Linda... no we don’t give a shit if you think sharia law is better it’s not changing years of law text books because little miss hijabi wants that

I mean go to Saudi

5|4
    4|5
    • 7d

Wow, this take is just shamelessly fascist. And with victim-blaming to boot? C'mon Triple Ace, you've gotta do better.

• Show All
    • 7d

My people have been murdered. I’m literally heart broken. This thread feels like ‘talking about your life insurance payout while sitting beside your husbands corpse’. It’s too soon for me to talk like this.

• 7d

We can have sensible discussions about things. That being said, people who make white nationalist talking points should not be given any legitimacy. They should be ostracized. Fascists should be left out of the discussion. Their ideas aren’t owed, nor are they worth any time.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I wonder when people from 2nd and 3rd world countries will start complaining about the West making a big deal out of this (as it should), but not mentioning similar events in Africa or the Middle East that happen there every other day. Seems to be a recurring butthurt theme for them.

2|3
    0|1
    • 6d

Dude we sweep U. S. gang shootings under the rug all the time because itself basically normal. Why would we pay attention to the third world?

• 6d

@Adam_INTJ exactly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to diminish the tragedy of what goes on in more unfortunate places of the world, but the fact of the matter is that humans are inherently tribalistic. We not only mostly care for just our own, we often ONLY care for just our own. That's the harsh reality of life but it is what it is.

• And because our prison sentences are so pathetic in New Zealand this A Hole will get out of prison in 20 years. In any other country he would either get the death penalty or never see the light of day again.

4|2
    0|0
  • The amount of ignorance and finger pointing on social media is really despicable. It just shows me that deep down inside people are distressed, and just filled hatred that nothing satisfies them. I don't get something, Donald Trump will call out Ilhan Omar for stating things about Israel NOT Jewish people but that's anti-semitic but then you have Trump supporters chanting "The Jews will not replace us" and Trump didn't say that wasn't anti-semitic.

Even for people on GAG who hate Muslims and Islam, it's one of the fastest growing religions in the world, there are 2 billion Muslims wouldn't there be more hate crimes if even 300,000 million Muslims from that 2 billion committed extremist crimes? Does that happen? No. People often to say I hate Islam, well talk to Muslims and be civil, you don't have to follow the religion but at least talk about it in a civilized, calm manner. Others will say Islam oppresses women! Well, do you know in the United States they are in the top 10 for countries that are the most dangerous for women? Women worldwide are oppressed, obviously some more than in other countries, but no country is perfect.

Even if you hate Muslims? Why? Because they immigrated to the US and people consider that invasion? Well, what about what Native Indians occupied the lands of North America, the Natives went through genocide and had their land stripped. Even if Muslims went back to their country, why does the US, Israel, and Saudi Arabia continue to bomb and invade those countries? For the sake of oil going back into western countries.

How about we come together and learn, we may not always see eye to eye on religion, politics or education or issues that mean more to us than others but do you always want to be angry in life? do you always want to be bitter? We all go through stupid shit, there's no reason to demonize an entire race, and yes Islam should change and not do barbaric things in Muslim countries I agree, but so should the West, it should change its practices and now do business with Saudi Arabia which creates terrorist groups by the ideology of Wahabism or Israel by the ideology of Zionism.

2|0
    0|0
  • Oh fuck... I'm needing to get to Auckland in a few days and seriously just hope and pray nothing happens.

I was extremely shocked when I heard about this happening in Christchurch though. I'm in Napier and I'll just say that SO many people were talking about this. I was at work tonight and served a table of polic men and other customers were at the polices table talking about the shooting.

It's very sad and scary hey...

3|0
    0|0
  • I am shocked. New Zealand is one of the last countries I expect to have terrorist attack. I mean it has a small population and everyone there seems to be so happy and kind. They have got pretty stupid reason. Usually terrorists attack places of significant importance like big cities in the world. I am sorry to know about that attack.

1|3
    0|0
    • 7d

They literally did this to spread terror among everyone and make them feel like they aren't safe anywhere. They purposely chose New Zealand.

• 7d

@Bhragu as long as psychosis and irrationality are tolerated anywhere in the world, no country is safe.

• This news got me in tears!! It’s disgusting and purely evil for this asshole to kill innocent people!! I hope he gets life in jail. As for the senator here in Australia blaming the attack on the Muslim migration... heartless bastard doesn’t deserve to be called a human

1|1
    0|0
  • He is a sick man.

Interesting how the mainstream media always paints right as full of nutjobs amd what not. Yet they ignore their own extremists ; SJW, feminists, etc
    Not many people know that until the 1980's it was the left carrying violent attacks.
    We can expect in the usuual dribble from the leftest media over the next few weeks ; eliminate the second amendment, all guns owners are nut jobs, etc

1|1
    0|1
    • 6d

When was the last time a feminist or SJW massacred 49 people with a gun? Face it, the right wing is full of not jobs and Right-Wing terrorism is a bigger threat to our country than Muslim Terrorism.

• Show All
    • 4d

@Adam_INTJ
      "In fact, Barack Obama echoed many of the ideas of the important Italian fascist Giovanni Gentile"

Some examples please.

• 15h

In one of his campaigns, a dnc video ad proclaimed for his campaign, "we belong to the government" which is utterly congruent with Gentile's philosophy that the individual Is subject to the state. Obama also said that he envied the power possessed by the Chinese and Russian dictators over their government and people. Quite fascist.

• The guy posted on 8chan that he was going to do it.

1|1
    0|0
    • 7d

This is literally the first time this has ever happened in NZ a lot of people probably didn't take it seriously because it just doesn't happen here. The last mass shooting here was literally in 1990 and 13 people were killed then (I think it included the shooter) ...

• Show All
    • 6d

@ZeussLightningBolt yeah, luckily it was nothing... Don't think I'll go out much unless I have to for a little while...

• 6d

Eh, that's exactly what the terrorist wants. To put fear in people.

• It's so stupid how the media is painting this guy as a Right winger. He wanted a big, intruding government to protect white populations. That's honestly like the Eugenics movement in the Left during the first half of the 20th century.

The right wing hates that intruding government idea--the idea that he's right wing is asinine.

2|2
    0|1
    • 4d

@Adam_Intj- half the age of those on here with the biggest mouth- yet you are remarkably superior in logic and knowledge. Thanks for that-

• Show All
    • 10h

@Adam- you reference my “whole rant”... what “rant”? I made a simple two sentence statement on the importance of critical thinking, and complimented you on being one of the exceptions to not practicing critical thinking. Perhaps you could add that you are able to read and comprehend, because based on this statement, clearly you’re not adept with comprehending what you read. Your second sentence is laughable, pure nonsense, imho.
      Your “assessment” with “demerits” only proves my point- more nonsense. What “character assassination” are you talking about. I correctly pointed to academia, et al, as being negligent in teaching life skills, especially critical thinking. So who’s character did I “assassinate”?
      I disavow my initial reaction to you, you’re nothing like I thought.

• 10h

Btw- you wouldn’t know a fallacious argument if it hit you in the forehead. I’m not going to nit-pick the numerous mistakes in word choices , like “personage”, and “genetic fallacy”, or sentence construction. The notion that I care about “points” from you is ludicrous. Next time, think before you click.

• Very sad and heartbreaking. Such insensitive people that take the lives of innocent people. The extremists on both sides commit these acts of terrorism but its the innocent people who suffer. My thoughts and prayers to the victim's families and may they have the patience to bear their loss

3|1
    0|0
  • My thoughts are right winged extremest are just as dangerous as "terrorists" they are in fact a terrorist now. Extremists are dangerous no matter where they are from. Mixed culture is a good thing, if both side knew enough about each other then there would not be things like this happening.

3|2
    0|1
  • Obviously sad and whatnot, but I have to admit;

Strategic, pragmatic and very well-done considering the terrorists or mass-shooters got what they wanted in the end. The media mindlessly threw their names out to the screen and their message had been broadcasted.

Done to gain maximum effect and impact considering the location and what got targetted. The media played into their hands.

1|1
    0|0
    • 7d

He actually lived streamed the whole thing

• Show All
    • 7d

@CubsterShura it is for the most part
      People just recorded it and pass it around. That will never be removed completely now. Its forever on the internet now

Its not a pretty sight
      The guy went nuts. He was shooting people even after leaving while driviving. He blew a hole in his window

• 7d

@TripleAce yeah that sucks

• I'm sorry about that mass shooting in Christchurch , New Zealand
    Yes this has to be a terrorist attack , makes you wonder why
    people do the things they do , they must really have lot hate
    in them. You have all my Blessings and keep your chin up !!!

2|1
    0|0
  • It’s a shame that this is happening in our world , but can you blame the shooter? Hear me out before you hate on me. Some muslims are terrorist and people assume that most if not all muslims are terrorist. Which was what they shooter probably was thinking when he did that. Most of us generalize certian people. For instance, a lot if criminals are black so a lot if people assume that all black people are criminals.

1|0
    2|0
  • There’s so many versions of this massacre shooting portrayed online and in the media. The media seems to downplay what actually really happened.

According to the live shooting he streamed from his go pro (or whatever it was) it looked like it was an act of hatred. He was going around in the mosque, making sure every single person in there was finished (after he already shot them).

It was unfortunate either way. Stay safe RedRobin

1|0
    0|0
  • Read the shooters explanation yourself. He's a partisan like the old IRA fighters were. Expect more.
    www.documentcloud.org/.../...-Zealand-Shooter.html

1|1
    0|0
  • shocking attack but here in the uk a young soldier out about town was beheaded in the street because he was wearing a British army uniform nobody came to his aid while his head was being hacked off time to stop listening to allah and tighting up this crazy insane open borders policy the EU seems to love and has learned nothing after the attacks in france and london.

0|4
    2|0
  • The guy sounded really insane, bragging about some memes and pewdipie and France...
    You have to be, just to think about doing something like that. And even more to actually do it.
    I'm just mad they didn't kill him, and that they don't have death penalty there.

1|1
    0|0
  • This is a terrorist attack, why can't you call him a terrorist (because he's not a Muslim) 😡😡😡😡😡😡

5|2
    1|1
  • Terrorism rearing it's ugly head yet again.
    Just think this time last week, the people who died would have never imagined their lives would be over in a week's time. It's just sad...

1|0
    0|0
  • OMG!!! Be safe, @Red Robin!!!
    No... The "Only Reason they attacked New Zealand is because This "Christchurch" is God's House!!!" Christians everywhere are Under Attack!!! xx

1|0
    1|0
    • 7d

Christchurch is only the name of the place. It has a good Muslim population and that could be why this place was targeted.

• so let me get this straight the mosque is named Christchurch? wtf lmfao

3|0
    1|0
    • 7d

or is that the location they chose to build their mosque? lol

• Show All
    • 7d

Lol I said it

• 6d

oh wow ig that mosque used to be a church that they took down and converted it to a mosque according to his manifesto
      But after visiting the mosques in Christchurch and Linwood and seeing the desecration of the church that had been converted to a mosque in Ashburton, my plans changed.

• Cold and calculating.

From the Manifesto:

Do youconsider it a terrorist attack?

By the definition, then yes. It is a terrorist attack. But I believe it is a partisan action against an occupying force.

Do youfeel any remorse for the attack?

No, I only wish I could have killed more invaders, and more traitors as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Right-wing terrorism is a bigger threat to our country than Muslim Terrorism. We should take Right-Wing terrorism just as seriously. Though because of our politicians, nothing will be done. After all, we can not go to war against ourselves.

Rest in Piece. My heart goes out to the victims and the Muslim communities that are suffering from this tragedy.

1|0
    0|1
    • 6d

You do realize being right wing and being Muslim aren't mutually exclusive, right?

• Show All
    • 5d

@Adam_INTJ
      The point is these groups that are often called right wing do not represent a threat to the USA.

• 4d

Muslim terrorism is right wing terrorism.
      Some characteristics of Muslim dominated countries:

1. No voting for woman
      2. Limited educational opportunities for woman
      3. In many Muslim countries a woman can be punished for - get this - being raped.

Sexuality:
      1. Little to no openness of sexual expression.
      2. The imprisonment and/or execution of homosexuals due to their sexuality.
      3. Stoning woman to death for adultery.
      4. Woman are seen as inferiors.

Religion:
      1. In many Muslim countries it is illegal to openly preach any other religion besides Islam. To do so could get you imprisoned or even executed.
      2. To openly criticize Islam is a punishable offense in Many Muslim countries.

Just to name a few.

by the way , does this not at all sound like I am describing many characteristics of what the left believes to be right wing terrorists? Islamic countries are very, very , very conservative when it comes to religion and sex. The American "right-wing" is composed of a bunch of Girl-Scouts when placed next to what you can find in the Middle East.

As far as I am concerned Muslim extremism = right wing terrorism.

But who is letting them in?

The left in Europe is - which is hell bent on weakening western democracies - has allowed for millions of Islamic migrants to enter the EU nations. Look at Sweden , France , UK, Germany , Denmark and how they have changed due to large scale Islamic migration.

The feminists go bat shit crazy when a guy is "man spreading" on a NYC subway. But they are very silent about Islam's treatment of woman. Whats going on here?

Anyhow , Europe is suffering a crazy amount of Islamic threats and actual attacks.
      Could something similar happen in the US?

Maybe.
      It might take longer for the US to reach the point that we are seeing in many western European countries perhaps due to the fact the US is much larger and seems to do a better job at assimilating immigrants than Europe does.

We must be watchful.

• The terrorists said that they chose New Zealand in order to show that "you're nowhere safe in this world anymore", but on the other hand you don't have to flee to the corners of this world in order to try and be safe. He wouldn't find you easier if you lived more "centered".

1|1
    0|0
  • Mass shootings are just horrible! It leaves so much pain and families in grief, that shouldn’t be happening!

2|0
    0|0
  • It’s sickening in so many ways. Not in the least due to the people here that have this ‘but you know, those Muslim’s’ sort of feedback...

1|1
    0|0
  • The scumbag was from NSW grrr, condolence to everyone involved! Except the fecal matter scum behind this and there is always more then 1 that knew! This is why the army has pushed for NBN and 5G network to catch these things! Very very sad

1|0
    0|0
  • I hope you stay safe out there. I have several friends in New Zealand and most of them are uneasy as you can imagine.

2|2
    0|0
  • Its extremely unfortunate that it happend but multicultural societies cause multi violence. When society fractures, it fractures on ethnic lines first.

1|2
    0|0
  • Kia kaha Christchurch & New Zealand

2|0
    0|0
  • I saw it live. Fuckibg disgusting pig he is. The first guy he saw at the mosque said: ”Hello brother!”. After that the shooter shot him multiple times in the face with an auto shotgub.

3|0
    1|0
  • @RedRobin- I am thinking and praying for our brothers and sisters in NZ, stay safe.

3|0
    0|0
  • His goal was simple as seen in his manifesto. He wanted to further divide people on race, religion, and politics. Social unrest both there and in the United States is what he wanted.

1|1
    0|1
  • Terrorist no matter the religion are terrible, lower case people and don't deserve a fair treatment. Hope they get life sentences and hopefully got killed in prison

2|0
    1|0
  • Thats horrible! People saying innocents deserved it too..

3|0
    0|0
  • The people that did this are cowards. I don't understand killing innocent people that can't fight back.

2|1
    0|0
    • 7d

@letsee89- if you don’t understand that, that means you’re not insane like they are, doesn’t it? I mean, if you DID understand, might that put you on that same level?

• Its so sad terrorist attacks happening everywhere in world, heart felt condolences with families who lost their loved ones in attack

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm watching the news on it. It's horrible. This is something we would expect in America but not In a small peaceful nation like NZ

1|2
    0|0
  • It happens everywhere. It seems to be trendy with malcontents. Monkey see monkey do.

1|1
    0|0
  • that is sad... any attack really has no good reason for it ….

1|1
    0|0
  • No such thing as safe... the more restricted the masses the more more likely sons of bitches these these days will kill you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, everything you need to know except the most important thing, which is the race and religion of the shooters. But with all the churches Muslims have been attacking, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a retribution killing. I didn't even know there were Muslims in New Zealand.
    But New Zealand was one of the last places on earth I expected something like to happened, which really makes me wonder if ANY place is safe anymore.
    Keep us updated, especially if they post more information about the suspects.

3|0
    2|4
    • 7d

The dude actually live streamed the whole thing... it was on facebook on his page

• Show All
    • 7d

I get your point. But the fact is, New Zealand does indeed take people from other religions as well. Like Indians and Sri Lankan who also have Hindus, Christians, Sikhs etc.

• You'll find a lot of supporters of the killer in here.
    I can promise you they'll all be failures in life and will probably end up with a overdose.
    Its way too common.

1|0
    0|0
  • Very awful and evil world we live in. I'll pray and hope comfort for the victims families and the whole country😞

1|0
    0|0
  • The reason is that the global elite want to create a pretext for the introduction of Australian-style gun laws in New Zealand.
    That the explosives were not detonated tells us a lot.

0|1
    0|2
  • Be careful be vigilant take nothing for granted but most importantly be aware of your surroundings.

1|1
    0|0
  • OMG. We are actually flying to Christchurch early June as the second part of our belated honeymoon.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t know what’s more disgusting. What this terrorist did or these morons’ opinions

3|1
    0|0
  • well fuck them, i hope every shooter get tortured forever.

2|0
    1|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes