Mass shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand, comments?

I don't know what to put here... The only reason they attacked New Zealand is because we're perceived as a safe country...
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/111319664/christchurch-mosque-shooting-what-you-need-to-know
7d
we just heard roumers there are bomb threats in Auckland which is where I live
7d
Christchurch is a city in nz, not the name of the mosque...

2663

Most Helpful Girls

• All I know is, it's a terrorist trying to fight terrorism by spreading terror. Hypocrites!

It's sickening. I'm Muslim and Fridays are very special to us. It's the day of a very special Jummah prayer in the afternoon, which is an obligatory prayer for men and a small celebration of its own. People shower, wear their nicest clothes which are freshly washed and ironed, wear some good fragrance and go to the mosque, meet everyone living in the area/neighborhood, socialize with them, pray in congregation and make arrangements to provide some form of charity to the poor. In almost every Muslim household there's amazing dishes cooked for lunch on Fridays. Friday is weekend in many Muslim countries.

And such a special day is turned into tragedy by a bigoted, racist, White Supremacist, TERRORIST. When he entered the mosque someone welcomed him in but that bastard shot him first. Imagine a peaceful place of prayer with nothing but God in everyone's hearts, everyone being off-guard, suddenly being shot with guns.

People need to understand that violence ignites more violence. Terror triggers more terrorism. Muslims killing non-Muslims because "they are killing Muslims in the East" and non-Muslims killing Muslims because "they are killing non-Muslims in the West".

It's not just a tragedy for New Zealand. It's a tragedy for the entire Muslim community and entire mankind. They were peaceful, innocent people who did no harm to anyone, and they didn't deserve this. This is what the weak does. And people are only blaming Muslims attacking churches to justify this, which is sickening to say the least. If you have even an ounce of courage then find out the real violent people who are real terrorists and finish them off. Why targeting people who did nothing to you?

• 7d

I am a hindu and i have nothing against muslims and terrorism has no religion instead of dividing people based on their religion , we should all fight against terrorim bcoz we are humans first

• 7d

@bhavy24 Thanks for the lovely words, you are absolutely right. Terrorism has no religion.

• 7d

😁😊

• The irony that the people who they talk about on everyday's media as a group of savages wanting to do nothing but bomb the country are the ones who were just killed and they had done nothing at all!

As Muslim's we are always treated badly or hated because we just cover our heads. Muslims suck if they don't accept transgenders but it'd be alright if you're a Christian and a LGBT hater?

This world is becoming more scary every day, it's sad really, we have nowhere to go, we are being harassed in our countries because of how bad our presidents and governments are, how expensive life is, and kicked out from the countries we imigrate to —America, and all that, and killed in the countries we thought we would find peace in! And we are still the bad people!

Most Helpful Guys

• it's really sad. it shows that extremism lives and thrives in the radical right and left. it shows that the vast majority of people who are right, left, and center end up being the victims

what was disturbing and extremely concerning was that so much of what the shooters posted on social media as their reasons for carrying out the act (declining white populations, white genocide, immigration, etc) is what is seen on a daily basis on this very site. so while some may think rhetoric and ideologies is harmless freedoms of speech that very rhetoric and ideology is the reason actions get carried out

• 7d

Freedom of speech is a joke now

• 3h

@CubsterShura that's exactly what freedom of speech is. It's your right to express yourself. Yes even if it's negative. it's also the same freedom of speech that is giving muslims the right to speak about the things they want to speak about. Its a two way street

• 22min

@NightRyder if a Muslim goes around speaking racist stuff or provoking terrorism and makes claims like girls shouldn't go to school then yes they shouldn't be able to speak such stuff in public as well.

Better luck next time Jared.

• If Muslims as a whole could better assimilate with western culture I don’t think these things would happen
    People are just sick and tired of countries letting in floods of them while they come and march for anti west purposes and people like Linda Sarsour trying to implement sharia law in America

Are you freaking nuts Linda... no we don’t give a shit if you think sharia law is better it’s not changing years of law text books because little miss hijabi wants that

I mean go to Saudi

• 7d

Wow, this take is just shamelessly fascist. And with victim-blaming to boot? C'mon Triple Ace, you've gotta do better.

• 7d

My people have been murdered. I’m literally heart broken. This thread feels like ‘talking about your life insurance payout while sitting beside your husbands corpse’. It’s too soon for me to talk like this.

• 7d

We can have sensible discussions about things. That being said, people who make white nationalist talking points should not be given any legitimacy. They should be ostracized. Fascists should be left out of the discussion. Their ideas aren’t owed, nor are they worth any time.