Do you believe in Capital Punishment?

So I heard about the mass shootings in New Zealand, and it honestly broke my heart. It got me thinking about the punishment mass shooters should face.

Such as Capital Punishment. So do you think that if there's 100% clear evidence of a murder capital punishment should be put into place?

Because personally I do, a murderer should die the way they killed their victims. I know some people say that death is an easy way out, but is it? No one has clear physical evidence of what happens when we die.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes. I am all for capital punishment... for murder and heinous crimes. I believe in a life for a life. It's the only form of justice in my own personal opinion. I don't believe in showing mercy to murders

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

I agree 100%

• 7d

ALL my mercy , empathy and compassion is for the victims of crime , and their families. I believe in providing all the resources possible in helping victims and their families. I'd be an advocate for the victims, not the perpetrator of a crime.

• Nope.
    1. If you did something to warrant the death penalty you probably don't deserve a quick end. Rot in jail.
    2. You can't undo death so if they get the wrong guy there's going to be a huge lawsuit. Way worse than wrongful imprisonment.
    3. Killing a guy actually costs more than paying to keep him in jail forever. Death Row appeals are covered by the state (and have to be or only poor people would get the death penalty)

2|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Good argument

So if hypothetically, the expenses weren't a problem, and they waited on death row for years until their execution would that change your mind?

• 7d

They already wait years, since they're not paying they're obviously going to appeal until they run out.
      That and punishment aside, no, I still wouldn't be in favour. Capital punishment is a poor deterrent and killing the criminal is nothing but revenge. If they killed one or more people killing them is just another body. If their crime is less than murder than the punishment vastly outweighs the crime.
      I think the reason we're ok with killing other humans, in any form, is religion. Killing feels much less abhorrent when they're just going somewhere else, even if it's a land of eternal suffering, rather than a complete end to their existence.

• Without knowing who are the gunmen, saying capital punishment is suited for the crime is a rushed judgement.

I don't intend to back the gunmen, but what if they're a bunch of teenagers?

Some would argue they're minors, some would argue if they killed, they should prepare to die also.

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

I mean if you knew who the shooters were with clear evidence it's them. I believe even if they're teenagers they should still face capital Punishment. If they can pick up a gun a kill people with it they should face the consequences of that same gun killing them.

I don't normally think like this, but when it comes to murder I have a very eye for an eye mentality

• Show All
    • 7d

I would probably want them to be deprogrammed like a former child soldier

• 7d

@Waffles731 I never said it's okay for anyone to kill despite their ages

• Do you really believe they care about dying? Since they went to shoot so many people they accepted the risk of someone killing them in the process.
    Death is the easy way. Put the in slavery and make them regret every single day of their life if the proof they did something terrible is undeniable.

0|0
    1|0
    • 7d

But do you really think people who are capable of shooting so many, are capable of emotions like regret? There are some messed up people who wouldn't feel anything even if they were going through some sort of punishment

There have been cases where the murderer and can easily look into the eyes of the victims family without feeling remorse

• 7d

That was not my point. My poibt was they don't care if they are alive or dead, so killing them won't make them frightened or regretful. However, tehre are ways to make them suffer.

• Yes, once you kill an innocent life you automatically lose the right to yours. Capital punishment may not be the most cost-effective solution, meaning it is more expensive than keeping the guy in jail, but it is the only appropriate punishment for the crime.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, in some ways death is easy way out, and we have no real idea of what happens after death, but what we do know for sure is that we are alive right now, and our actions have consequences on those around us. We all want to live in a safe world, and I believe, if there is sufficient cause and evidence, capital punishment should be handed out. We need to really revise our law system first though

1|0
    0|0
  • The world is full of monsters.. Of various origins and in various countries, the media revealed the horrible face of this world!

1|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps. Perhaps monstrous acts needs monstrous punishments as deterrents. People who commit these crimes may only be discouraged by the ultimate penalty.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think all criminals past a certain threshold (pedophiles, murderers and such) should just be put on some island. They either make themselves a living there on their own or die. But remove them from any chance of doing harm to society. If they fuck each other up thats their issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people deserve to die, so yes I support Capital Punishment.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes, as I believe in hell and I don'f think it's an easy way out for those people

1|0
    0|0
  • The punishment shouldn't fit the crime if you kill someone you should be killed

0|0
    0|0
  • Nup, not a fan of it no matter the crime.

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Can you please expand on that? Why do you feel that way

• Show All
    • 7d

I completely understand your point of view actually. But I guess when it comes to murder I feel differently. Because normally I never think about capital punishment as a form of punishment. But if they've killed so many people they shouldn't even deserve to be on this planet

• 7d

That's fair enough, everyone has their own lines in the sand and opinions on it, makes the world interesting. Thanks for sharing, it's an interesting question

• Yeah.

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Can you expand on why you agree with it please? I just want to see people's opinions in more depth

• 7d

I often don't like to expand on my views as people often like to fight with me about them and it stresses me out.

• 7d

Oh I see, you can message me. I won't fight with you on it I just want to hear your views. Since I agree with it

• Yes.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes