Why does everyone only care about shootings that happens in white countries?

No one cared when 50 soldiers were killed in a bomb blast in kashmir. Why the discrimination? Why does everyone only care about shootings that happens in white countries?
  • We only care about white countries
    Vote A
  • Other
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• i think this story in new zealand gets headlines because of how peaceful the place is otherwise and the lack of conflict that has gone on

the issue in india (which by the way did get plenty of attention) perhaps was less surprising because of the ongoing (i mean decades) conflict between india and pakistan

so it sort of comes down to people just presuming (fairly or not) that violence occurs in the mideast and that region between those groups while the attack in new zealand is a very rare occurrence of violence in a relatively peaceful place

not saying i agree... just trying to explain from my perspective

0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

we could ask the same question of why when lesbians are jailed or "disappeared" in russia it is hardly headlines but if it happened in say the US or some other western nation it is front page news

• 7d

You have a good point

• 4d

thanks for MHO

• People respond to what they learn from the media. Perhaps you should be asking the primarily liberal media why they have such strong racial bias.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• New Zealand is a very safe country, therefore it is very uncommon when a shooting like the recent one happened. That's why it was very broadcasted, shooting in that part of the world aren't as uncommon as in New Zealand. I see that most people say the same thing.

2|1
    0|0
  • Most "white" countries are pretty safe. So a mass killing is rare and unusual. In places like Kashmir, that have been at war for generations, it's almost normal. It has nothing to do with racism.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Oh good grief. Pray tell, how did you know about the soldiers in Kashmir? Because the media covered it.

First, an inflexible rule of human nature. We pay the most attention to those things closest to us. If there is a robbery in our neighborhood, we note it. There is a war in a distant land and it goes to the back of the line unless and until it becomes compelling for some reason.

Please note, for example, the global sympathy - from government relief efforts to celebrity charity rock concerts - on behalf of the Ethiopian famine relief effort all the way back in the primitive late 20th century. As soon as the cameras got there, people noticed. Until then, people, not unreasonably, had children to educate, houses to clean, jobs to go to - i. e., the daily business of life.

(It also did not hurt, in the India/Pakistan case, that both are nuclear powers. That garnered it more attention than usual. India and Pakistan have been at each other's throats since they both gained independence in 1947. It was background noise until both sides got nuclear weapons.)

This is exacerbated by technology. Once upon a time, not so long ago, a news story traveled only as fast as the time it took to write it and send it by ship to a publisher back in the U. S. Nowadays, a news story and 24 hour cable news makes a story almost instantaneous.

The result is a combination of news that is not news and information overload. Suffice to say, to manage that in their mental file cabinets, people tend to filter a lot of it out.

Each time Fox runs its banner - "Breaking News" - and it turns out to be nothing more than the President giving a speech to the Girl Scouts. People learn. Fox is calling it breaking news just in case some news - usually something the President might say "off the cuff" - might actually become "breaking news" and they want to be there first.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. People get overloaded with news that is not news and so they shut down. Again, they shuffle that which is most immediate to their concerns to the front of the line and the rest - to mix metaphors - becomes background noise.

On top of it all, there is simply this: The idea of war and violence and conflict gets less attention when it is in the developing world is because it is so much more common than it is in the developed world.

What has historically been called the West is, comparatively speaking, relatively peaceful and war is more or less low level and - in some cases - rare. By contrast, the worst place on Earth, by the stats, to be a child is the Central African Republic - and it has been so for nearly two decades.

People in the West, suffice to say, have come to a weary acceptance of these things. The world is as it is and "caring" about it - this notwithstanding all the aid programs, all the charitable efforts, the private relief groups, etc, - will not likely change it nor make it better.

People, as a general rule, are not apt to care about things that they cannot control, do not understand, are not likely to impact their daily lives, and that seem to have always been as they are. This is not bigotry or other nefarious motives.

It is simply the way human beings are wired. Indeed, it is not likely that human beings could function, day in and day out, if every piece of grim news somewhere on the planet compelled them to stop and "care." Indeed, given all the aforementioned aid programs, government programs, charities, etc. - it is hard to know how much more caring, in an imperfect world of flawed beings - it is hard to know what caring could even be in the final analysis.

The question, then, is flawed in its premise. It had a whinny tone - at once self-pitying and self-righteous - that is all too characteristic of the culture at this moment in time. Indeed, by that metric, caring is not the problem. A lack of perspective, on the other hand, is the issue.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1.) Because if it happens daily for years, if not decades, in some shithole, that's like reporting that water is wet and fire is hot.

2.) Because typically people care more about themselves and/or towards those of a similar group (culturally, ethnically etc.) than others. In a similar light Asian media (Korean, Japanese, Chinese etc.) reports more on these countries than on Africa, for example.

3.) Kashmir was widely reported, by the way.

0|2
    0|0
  • As someone else said, it's not uncommon to hear of murders in those countries. It has nothing to do with colour. It's more shocking in countries where such acts are not as common, and usually those areas have a majority of white people :/

2|1
    0|0
  • Media chooses which attacks get worldwide coverage in our countries. Stuff that happens in our own country or those we see pretty similar to our own (e. g. America, NZ, England and Canada here, given I'm in Aus) is probably more interesting to most people and more likely to get 'em tuning in, so media chooses those ones more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Soldiers die, it's part of the job description, and I say this as a former soldier.

When almost 50 civilians are killed, especially in a manner such as homicide, it's a tragedy. Those people never volunteered to risk death, and for it to happen in a place of worship?

You can't relate the two, not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • People killing each other off in that part of the world isn’t exactly shocking news.
    It’s not a normal occurrence in places like New Zealand, Canada or most of Europe

1|1
    0|0
  • Because death happens daily and we tend to care more about people that look like ourselfs tbh

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Care more about people that look like you? So other countries dont matter much to you do they? Then i guess u only care about white countries

• Show All
    • 7d

> Then i guess u only care about white countries

Implying that Arabs, Indians or Africans would give a shit about something happening in Europe, for example.

• 7d

Things that happen in Europe get a lot of coverage in our media. So u can't say we don't care.

• Those countries are already shit holes. Globalists want white countries to turn into shit holes and people fighting back is a big problem for them.

0|1
    0|1
  • You do realize there is news in The west about Kashmir quite often right?

It was covered by all the mainstream outlets in the US.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the political YouTubers i watch were talking about Kashmir. They were white.

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally I dont care if it was white people any event were religous people kill each other is fully support by this guy

0|0
    0|0
  • White countries? What kind of ignorant statement is that?

0|0
    0|0
  • thats true

0|1
    0|0
  • was the shooter, white?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes