What are the dumbest stereotypes you've heard about your country?

Some of the few people that know about the Faroe Islands (the country I live in) have said that we're barbarians and sheep f*ckers 😂
Updates:
3d
Also, could you say which country you're from, too?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Well, I'm sort of British and sort of American, so I get to here stupid shit about both. When I'm in America I get random strangers asking me to say words/phrases like "crumpets and tea" which is just kinda irritating. Also people ask me if I know any of their friends who live in England like yes I know all 55+ million people who live there. When I visit family in Adlington people like to ask me if I've ever been shot at/been in a mass shooting, cuz thats America. Also, not a stereotype but after I said I lived in NY some girl said, "Wow, I didn't know America was in New York!"

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

Wow... I might have underestimated the stupidity of some people 😂

• 3d

ikr, sometimes I don't know if I should laugh or facepalm.

Most Helpful Guys

• The dumbest stereotypes about Sweden is when people somehow, confuse us with Switzerland all the time and commends us on fine chococlate and cool alps.
    For goodness sake, we have *nothing* in common, we don't even sound similar, we're not even geographically close to each other XD

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm from Finland and people think it's very cold, which is kinda true. Faroe Islands must be a tough place to live. I think it's rainy, windy, sun doesn't shine and even the summers are chilly.

1|1
    0|0
    • 3d

It's really rainy and windy here. And yeah, the sun doesn't shine that much here, which causes some people to have vitamin D deficiency. But the weather is an unpredictable bitch, hence why some call us "The Land of Maybe". But even though the summers are chilly, we consider it to be warm enough somewhere around 13 degrees 😂

• Show All
    • 3d

Go to Bournemouth for the summer. 😃

• 3d

Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea 🤔

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• We’re all fat...
    All the white people are racist and all the black people are poor and on government assistance.

0|1
    0|0
  • That we talk with some stupid accent. Ride polar bears and moose. Live in igloos and all drink bagged milk

0|1
    0|0
  • That everyone is stoned walking around in wooden shoes with tulips and going to the hookers. Im from the netherlands.

0|1
    0|0
  • People think we
    1. Say namaste to everyone. (no we don't we only use it for elders)
    2. Add spices in every dish
    3. Are all perverts

1|0
    0|0
  • That we eat dogs (China)

Or that we go to work/school in a Kangaroo (Australia)

0|0
    0|0
  • That we live in huts and castles and basically haven't moved on since the 1400s

0|0
    0|0
  • People think that
    We are all snake friendly
    And a poor country.

0|0
    0|0
  • We are all drug dealers and/or consume drugs.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sheep?

Sexy!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • That all the white people here are racist

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't really know about it because my country isn't that well-known. (Malaysia).

Maybe they thought that we look like chinese when we actually not, because we are Asian (not really sure about this, there's a probability that they didn't even know my country exist), or they think that our country is an arabic country because of it is a Islamic country.

Some Singaporean think that we can't speak English when we absolutely can. Majority of Malaysian are good in English, but of course not as good as Singaporean. And Singaporean regard that all of Malaysian is lazy af and stupid (can't really deny that as some of Malaysian really lazy and always being late). And Majority of Indonesian hate us because of simple matter like they claim that we steal their culture when we don't fucking care about it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes