What are the dumbest stereotypes you've heard about your country?

Some of the few people that know about the Faroe Islands (the country I live in) have said that we're barbarians and sheep f*ckers 😂
3d
Also, could you say which country you're from, too?

87

Most Helpful Girls

• Well, I'm sort of British and sort of American, so I get to here stupid shit about both. When I'm in America I get random strangers asking me to say words/phrases like "crumpets and tea" which is just kinda irritating. Also people ask me if I know any of their friends who live in England like yes I know all 55+ million people who live there. When I visit family in Adlington people like to ask me if I've ever been shot at/been in a mass shooting, cuz thats America. Also, not a stereotype but after I said I lived in NY some girl said, "Wow, I didn't know America was in New York!"

• 3d

Wow... I might have underestimated the stupidity of some people 😂

• 3d

ikr, sometimes I don't know if I should laugh or facepalm.

Most Helpful Guys

• The dumbest stereotypes about Sweden is when people somehow, confuse us with Switzerland all the time and commends us on fine chococlate and cool alps.
    For goodness sake, we have *nothing* in common, we don't even sound similar, we're not even geographically close to each other XD

• I'm from Finland and people think it's very cold, which is kinda true. Faroe Islands must be a tough place to live. I think it's rainy, windy, sun doesn't shine and even the summers are chilly.

• 3d

It's really rainy and windy here. And yeah, the sun doesn't shine that much here, which causes some people to have vitamin D deficiency. But the weather is an unpredictable bitch, hence why some call us "The Land of Maybe". But even though the summers are chilly, we consider it to be warm enough somewhere around 13 degrees 😂

• 3d

Go to Bournemouth for the summer. 😃

• 3d

Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea 🤔