Is White Supremacy on the rise due to Trump's continued rhetoric?

Is White Supremacy on the rise due to Trump's continued rhetoric?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Trump is to blame and his days in office are slim now since he will be removed for breaking laws or voted out in 2020. :) Life will be so much better again with him out of office.

1|3
    0|6

Most Helpful Guy

• For sure--Trump does not really denounce all of the domestic terrorists either. Sad times for the US and the world. :(
    Lock Trump up!

2|2
    0|5

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It obviously makes the left feel good about themselves to call all Trump supporters "white supremacists," but once again, they are ignoring the facts that get in the way of what they want to say.

0|6
    0|3
    • 3d

the little communist took my comments off. must have hit a nerve

• Show All
    • 1d

The statement you made is what I called ludicrous. I read your reply. It's inane. I will not engage. Good day.

• 1d

@loveslongnails "I read your reply. It's inane. I will not engage." You respond and then say you will not respond and call me inane. I agree that this discussion is now concluded.

• You know what this is great. Reading the comments I see that most men seem to be waking up to the liberal brainwashing machine and many women as well! But the female population is still largely brainwashed but clearly you can see on just the small sample size of this website, that women are waking up in appreciable numbers! This is very good.

We can finally end the bullshit the left is spewing. Labeling everything as hateful when it isn’t. It’s amazing how they can figure out ways to say things are racist. It’s really easy, it’s like when you make things sound gay. Anything can sound gay if you look at it with that perspective ya know? We always love to joke and turn things to make them sound gay it’s fun and silly.

Well the left can make anything sound bigoted except now it’s not funny it’s detrimental. But luckily it seems people are rapidly wKing up.

Unfortunately the college brainwashing engine is still doing a good job creating new idiotic liberals and since the government is giving out loans for school like candy a lot of people are still getting brainwashed.

But overall things are improving!

As far as white nationalist groups go I feel like they are dying. The free market capitalists are doing a very good job of destroying racist mentalities. Many alt righters and such groups are waking up as well. They are seeing that freedom is the fundamental nature of humanity and we are all better off the more freedom is had.

0|2
    0|0
  • Racism and bigotry have existed in America since our beginnings. We have spent hundreds of years working to rid our country of it, but it still exists. When Obama ran for president it was almost unthinkable that a person of color would be president. The racial rhetoric rose quite a bit around that time and so many lies about him that were caused simply because of his color. One of his chief antagonists back then was Trump pushing the lie that Obama was not born in America. He continued that lie even when it was firmly proven that Obama was a natural born American. He finally admitted that Obama was born in America about the time Trump began running for president. Then he started accusing Obama of being a Muslim and supporting terrorists.
    His financial and political supporters have largely been extreme racists. As they use media to propagate their hatred, Trump has supported them. After acts of terrorism by racist groups in America, Trump has said those groups are nice people. During his campaign he told people to attack those protesting him and said he would offer legal support to those who were arrested for that.
    He continues to name call and lie about anybody he disagrees with, and his base gets incited and loves it, which just gets him doing it more.
    There is no doubt that Trump supports and foments the violence. And the Republican Party follows him and allows him to do what he wants, no matter how illegal or unconstitutional it is.
    So the answer is that he certainly is a major reason for that rise.

0|0
    1|4
  • Okay, so. I feel as if this sense of Supremacy is only stemming out now that Trump has become president but is worsening because his term is almost over. It’s getting progressively worse because of modern Liberalism.

It’s not as if they only just existed but because they have a voice to speak for the anxieties they feel and a beacon of hope within that voice, they’re clinging onto him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not sure! I only know that 20 years ago, hate was not so evident as now. I’m not sure if it has to do with Trump, but the truth is that cafecitos... we feel discriminated more these days! When Obama was in office, it was the Chinese, now is the Muslims and Latinos! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m just confused!

0|0
    0|0
  • Trump has many faults, but his rhetoric is not the cause of the rise of white supremacy. White supremacy has been gaining ground in many countries for many years and has nothing to do with Trump's presidency.

0|1
    0|0
  • Stephen Bannon's pinky finger had more to do with radicalization than Trump. He's too incompetent for that.

0|1
    1|3
    • 5d

Why are they quoting Trump then? Wow, are you really that much in the dark?

• 5d

Not really. I just happen to know who made illegal immigration a core part of his campaign and who came up with "build the wall." Might come as a shock, but presidents don't write their speeches themselves. Particularly this one.

• Trump is a bit of an idiot but he certainly isn't a white supremacist and certainly not responsible for the actions of what white supremacists do. The responsibility of the despicable actions of the terrorist in Christchurch is that of the terrorist alone as he made the decision to do the shooting and carried it out and it's his fault alone, he will be held accountable and punished for his actions and no one else should be including Trump as the terrorist has nothing to do with Trump.

0|1
    0|0
  • What strikes me as odd is the loudest people shout white supremacy comes from white middle/upper middle class leftist. The very white leftist who vie for political power/control. So maybe there is something to the notion of white supremacy. White leftist rial up non-whites to villainize/ demonize the 'right' so as to 'appear' the better option. Yeah, white supremacy exist... on the left.

0|2
    0|0
    • 3d

You must not know many black people.

• Show All
    • 2d

..."I get what they are trying to do, so I have to remind myself of this." That statement alone made him the bigger of the two in my mind. I certainly would not have the patience either. So a better man than me. Again, a hyphen is partly to blame for this. Further, to your own point, I am reminded of a comedy bit by Chris Rock who says to white folks regarding the growing Spanish speaking population within the US - and I am paraphrasing - "Hey white folks! We should be banding together because us black folk only speak English, too!" It isn't always about looking alike where cultures find common ground. Hell, even asshole Adolph knew this when having those 9 Waffen SS foreign legion units created because, of the theory of the enemy of my enemy (specifically Jewish eradication) kind of thing. Rock's comments, albeit taken in the comedic spirit in which they were 'then' delivered, would be seen as dangerous dialog today.

Getting back to your observation and my own wonder, how does one move passed a sense of being inferior by virtue of another expressing their cultural supremacy? Which, I will admit does exist from an inventive stand point and in a great degree. The English can break German codes (with the assistance of German technology) and the Germans gave us jet and rocket propulsion which us in the States (again with German aid) we ran with.. which again pointing to my initial observation that some ethnicities are just more efficient at killing en masse - the prize going to Germany for their innovation and attention to detail. Regardless, I am hard pressed to call Germany a master race as the saying was coined at the time. An entire population being snowed over by a Austrian Corporal? I mean, come on! That's as nutty as Russians getting snowed by whacky SOB from Georgia with more insecurities than an American high school teenager over still being a virgin - I am sure you have seen the multitudes of post here on this nutty subject.

• 2d

LOLOL Yeah. I agree, but yes. Cultural premise is important. But like I said America is non-homogenous. So the example doesn’t really work very well.

In the same regard, eliminating the hyphen system could be progress, but due to our cultural melting pot we have certain issues such as different black primary diseases. So it would be used in medical and knowledge.

I don’t know really how to progress from here. I imagine first off try giving black reputations for slavery maybe? I mean the Jewish do get reparations. If we can educate the younger black generations to be upstanding citizenry than we wouldn’t have the weird premise of prejudicial judgement.

I don’t know, but I guess telling blacks to suck it up is kinda bad. I mean... The Black Wall Street race riot STILL hasn’t even received reparations and blacks were bombed by our own countrymen.

I guess the hyphen system is unfortunately important when we are at such racial tension.

• That Trump was elected is the symptom and not the cause.

Additionally even the rise in nationalism and more conservative, right-wing views is reactionary. It's not that people one day wake up and think "I gonna start hating kikes, niggers, spics, sandpeople, etc.". Instead the political, ideological push got so far into the extreme left that this right now is a counter-reaction.

Unfortunately extremes always lead to extremes. And just like the increase of the extreme left, an increase of extreme right-winged positions are happening.

1|0
    1|1
    • 5d

Trump is the one that stated on his first day of running that Mexicans are to blame for the crime and rapes and bad things happening in America. mmmmm

• Show All
    • 4d

@juliaanita

Here's your homework assignment.

Hispanic and Latino Americans are the largest ethnic minority, comprising an estimated 17.8% of the population. The White, non-Hispanic or Latino population make up 61.3%

If we divide 61.3/17.8 we get approxitialy 3.44. There are around 3.44 times as many whites as Hispanics in the US.

Now here's your part of the homework. Take the FBI numbers and divide the white population by 3.44 that number would be how many crimes they commit if their population size was equal to number of Hispanics. Than with this adjusted information tell me who commits more crime.

I wasn't bullshitting when I said you can't handle 8th grade critical thinking.

""I also don't see any reference to a total Mexican populaton in the United States. ""
      The information is labeled 'Hispanic
      or Latino' either you do not know what those words mean OR you cannot read a graph properly. Whichever it is you are it's another reason you are fucking stupid.

Look I actually feel bad insulting a 14 year old girl online, but I need to nail the point home that it's not just that you are wrong but you can't even interpret the information you foaming about correctly. And you're being incredibly spiteful, arrogant, racist, and judgmental over something you can't even understand.

• 3d

You are misquoting him. . . if the truth is important.

• No, not really. It’s more likely that the social forces that brought Trump into the seat of power are the same ones that inspire otherwise normal people into right wing terrorism.

0|3
    1|1
  • I don’t like trump as a president but I honestly have no idea where this white supremacy narrative came from? He may (or may not have) said some unsavory things about colored people (blacks and Mexicans) in his lifetime but who hasn’t said bad things about other people before it doesn’t make him Hitler?

0|1
    0|0
    • 14h

Yeah Trump isn't exactly ideal but 99% of the accusation against him are completely false

• Trump being elected is a result of the anti-white/anti-white male Identity Politics strategy employed to get Obama elected for a second term in 2012 when the economy was terrible and that was the only way to do it.

White people are simply pushing back against this new form of racism against them... and Liberals disparage them for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope it is not even on the rise.

What is on the rise though is racism and prejudice/hatred against white people. And that stems mainly from government democrats, the media and celebrities and the people who follow them.

0|2
    0|1
  • No, we have the right to decide our own destiny like all other peoples on earth, if this brings us to previously unattainable heights in civilization and quality so much that other peoples hate us for it and see us as ethnic supremacists, then this will simply yet another burden we will bear with pride.

0|1
    1|0
  • No. the workers who have liberal/centre views are pissed of with the left in most countries in the west and are looking for some others who have their points of view not necessarily an established political party

0|0
    0|0
  • White Supremacy is not on the rise.

People are not going to suddenly begin to believe in White Supremacy because a president talks about it. People believe in what they believe in.

0|1
    1|0
  • I don't think you can tie it directly to him. However violent hate crime is up sharply since he was elected, so I believe his Presidency has emboldened plenty of racists to crawl out from under the rocks.

0|0
    0|0
  • You cannot blame one man for the rise of a movement in unison. Besides, he's a terrible speaker. The only people he convinces are the ill-educated, ignorant and brainwashed.

0|1
    0|1
  • even new yorkers knew the guy was a BAD guy. they outvoted him 20 to 1, in favor of clinton

TRUMP IS NOT A GOOD PERSON

1|2
    1|4
  • First and foremost, Trump is not a "white supremacist". Just because you call some one that doesn't mean they are (and in fact is a tactic of the left to slander any one who they dislike so that they can try and justify treating them like shit). Second no white supremacy is not on the rise, thirdly, the largest hate group in the US is black seperatists i. e. a black supremacist/hate group, blacks are also twice as likely as any other group (despite being only 13% of the population) to commit hate crimes. So no, no on every level.

0|2
    0|0
  • I’m not sure if he’s making it more popular but I think he makes white supremacists feel bolder and more comfortable sharing their views publicly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not sure.

White nationalism has definitely but in significant extent over the past decade.

Trumps won emboldened white nationalists.

I don’t think he particularly causes its rise.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think Trump has anything to do with it. I'm not even sure it's on the rise. It seems about the same to me, we're only hearing about it more now

0|0
    0|0
  • White supremacy is on the rise, but I would not blame trump, I have met at least one, maybe two online, and they never have that great of an opinion on Trump. I would place the blame on Hitler in this topic

0|0
    0|1
  • No, but leftist violence from the very people protesting him definitely is.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's on the rise due to groups of people who hate white people and are capable of brodcaasting it

0|2
    0|0
  • No, nothing is really increasing. Folks are just more honest now, but that’s it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. What's on the rise is racism against white people.

0|3
    0|0
  • His MAGA was understood as "Bring America to the fifties again"

1|1
    0|2
  • Trump is draining the swamp by military tribunals bringing the deep state down to the level they deserve to be - rotting in Guantanamo Bay.

0|0
    1|0
  • White supremacy is prevalent nearly everywhere but reality

1|0
    0|0
  • Can I have some of this white privilege that's going around?
    I haven't been given a ferrari yet

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah. They feel unstoppable now since they’re buddy is in the whitehouse.

0|0
    2|6
  • I can imagine that as a consequence of Trump's presidency, white supremacy rhetoric is catapulted more into the media (in forms of criticism but also appraisal, because of e. g. Charlottesville and Trump's comments there), potentially resulting in a rise in white supremacy.

However, whether there is a causal relationship with Trump's rhetoric, I'm not sure. Perhaps that people listen to it and radicalise elsewhere into believing in white supremacy.

If there is a relationship, it'd just be that Trump's rhetoric affects the rate at which white supremacy grows, rather than that the effect only exists because of Trump's rhetoric.

So basically, my answer is: maybe.

0|0
    0|2
  • That Trump was elected is the symptom and not the cause.

Additionally even the rise in nationalism and more conservative, right-wing views is reactionary. It's not that people one day wake up and think "I gonna start hating kikes, niggers, spics, sandpeople, etc.". Instead the political, ideological push got so far into the extreme left that this right now is a counter-reaction.

Unfortunately extremes always lead to extremes. And just like the increase of the extreme left, an increase of extreme right-winged positions are happening.

0|0
    0|0
  • white supremacy is bullshit. trump is just a bully using bullying tactics.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like his rhetoric is making it ok to have these feelings which aren't good.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's always been there you just didn't care to look for it.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

True - but white people seem to think they are losing their majority and power positions now more than ever. They are scared of diversity and being treated like all others.

• 5d

I'm a white person who never had a position of power. People in power will always fight you for it. You assumptions about all white people caring in the slightest bit what you do is ludicrous. Did you read that off a race baiting que card?

• Only if people are stupid enough to believe that.

1|2
    1|1
  • No that's completely absurd.

1|2
    1|1
  • yes, it is

0|1
    3|5
  • No it's not even on the rise...

0|2
    0|0
  • It's going to keep rising nonetheless.

0|0
    0|0
  • The new zealand shooter, among other white terrorists named trump as an inspiration.

1|0
    0|0
    • 14h

You sir are mistaken. Must be watching to much CNN. Have you ever read his manifesto yourself? Obviously not

• Show All
    • 14h

My point remains the same.. Trump cannot be held responsible. Also, I never watch Fox, CNN, or any of those no good spreaders of disinformation.

• 14h

@Pete_twenty_two I never said trump is responsible. I said he's an "inspiration". There's a difference.

• Just because most white supremacists are more right leaning, doesn't mean all rightists are white supremacists. It's the same as "all terrorists are muslims, therefore all muslims are terrorists".

0|1
    0|0
  • That's just ignant yo

0|0
    0|0
  • White supremacists and Neo-Nazis find a good home in Trump's speech and actions. When the leader of a country is so racist, it is only logical that it affects white nationalists and makes them more emboldened. It's absurd to think otherwise.

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope. Anti-white racism is on the rise.

1|3
    0|0
  • No, I think it's what passes for the "left" that has the toxic rhetoric.

0|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes