Pelosi wants to lower voting age to 16. Is that a good idea?

• No , raise voting age to 21
  • No, keep it the way it is
  • Yes, I like uninformed little punks to vote so Democrats can control everything.
    Vote C
3d
My idea of raising voting age to 21 is more popular than I thought.

714

Most Helpful Guys

• With children wanting to stay in mommies and daddies house until 28 and 30 I think we should raise the voting age to someone who has moved out and become an independent with a job and has been paying taxes. There needs to be a test too: they should be able to name the types of governmental authorities for each city, county, state and federal government and describe how each works, this would be a pass/fail test with 90% correct answers for passing. ... I can wish

• 3d

A test?
      Most of the country can barely read let alone name one of the three main branches of our federal government.
      Like socialism - a test is a nice idea but would bring havoc. Yes , it would be great if we had a more literate society that valued learning but as you said..." I can wish"

At the end of the day we can only enjoy the decline.

• 3d

I guess if Rome is on fire what else is there to do! LOL

• 3d

@Texaskid1 - yes I know it unrealistic and I was in an attitude this morning... went we look at the original constitution you will see that person had to be 21 years of age (when the average life expectancy was 55), a male who was a property owner to vote … we come a long way … but was it for the good… the Progressives under Woodrow Wilson changed our laws and constitution in so many ways, this was only one, and for me none of them for the good of the country.

• Hell no. When your 16 you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
    Of the course the democrats would be thrilled to lower the age to 16 since , as a rule , younger people tend to vote democrat.

If anything the voting age in the US should be - at the very least - 21.

Most Helpful Girls

• Even though I really, really would love to vote at that age, I'm going to say it's a horrible idea. Most people that young aren't interested in politics, are quite uninformed and it also doesn't help that most media has a left bias. As much as I hate to say it, raising the age might actually be the best choice (even though I voted for no change).

• 3d

Good answer, and you were the one I said I would trust to vote.

• 3d

@WhatAboutBob To run for president , not to vote

• Another dumb idea. xx