Abortion Debate Solution?

Do you think an ectogenesis; an artificial womb would be the solution in the abortion dilemma in the future? Then the child's right to live and the woman's right to not be pregnant would be solved without this dilemma. Maybe pro-lifer and pro-choicer would be happy then. It could especially be used in rape and incest cases; the cases the pro-choicer are always talking about. #ArtificialWomb #Abortion #ProLife
Abortion Debate Solution?

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I can't agree with that one. Then there won't b anything like nature anymore. I believe in nature for nature is beautiful, it is through nature bonds are formed , there are certain things that comes with nature rather then artificial. I know someone will say it can all be achieved but I will say otherwise. God made a choice on how someone can be conceived and he knew why is th best Idea.

Abortion
    There are many ways to stop abortions, some is contraceptives, permant removal if womb, tying the ovaries or somthing like that. I will say your idea of artificial womb should only be applied to those that have risky pregnancy and victims of rape. In that situation I will agree with you

0|0
    0|0
    • I think natural is ideal, but as long people refuse taking responsibility it's difficult to know what to do. Too many undergoes abortion. 15 000 abortions per year in my country on a population on 5 millions.

• Show All
    • I do understand your point. People should be better on using the contraception properly and wait with intercourse till marriage.

• Precisely.

• Wtf no, who is gonna take care of all these unwanted children as they grow up?
    The last thing the earth needs is more fucking humans, we need to work on making abortions more socially acceptable, not solving any “dilemma” when there isn’t one to begin with.

6|4
    0|4
    • Making abortion socially acceptable is most effective in China and India because most people live there, not in the west, but most Chinese and Indians are also conservative.

• @esotericstory, I think it's countries like Scandinavian ones and other wealthy ones like in Europe for instance that should adopt this solution firstly and stop as many abortions as possible. China and India however should bettering their economy, welfare and lessen the gap between rich and poor, so less women would choose an abortion. With better contraception and education less pregnancies would happen too.

Most Helpful Guys

• What will you do in this situation?:
    You're in a fertility clinic. Why isn't important. The fire alarm goes off. You run for the exit. As you run down this hallway, you hear a child screaming from behind a door. You throw open the door and find a five-year-old child crying for help
    They're in one corner of the room. In the other corner, you spot a frozen container labeled "1000 Viable Human Embryos." The smoke is rising. You start to choke. You know you can grab one or the other, but not both before you succumb to smoke inhalation and die, saving no one.
    ou A) save the child, or B) save the thousand embryos? There is no "C." "C" means you all die.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya testing is already happening with goats I think... they successfully have brought a goat to life inside an artificial womb however I dont think it survived

human testing is around 5 years away maybe for that

0|0
    0|0
    • I think it happen with a sheep too and it survived, but it was later slaughtered for food and tests.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• but then who takes care of the child?

3|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • i don't think we can do a test run on human lives. especially on infant lives

i think the best way would be to offer it as an option with an understanding of the adoption demands within the country. then you could offer it to a certain number of women with the knowledge that those kids will have viable adoptive families waiting on them... but even then so much of the birth mom's life will be under scrutiny (their ethnicity, race, drug history, general family physical and mental health history)

but perhaps a pilot program with determined families available for adoption would at least show if birth moms would see this as a viable alternative

• good question

• Abortion is not wrong if it’s going to save a child from being unloved, uncared or for its parent or often mother who can’t look after it to its best and deserving capacity.

So let it be born to be looked after poorly is what pro life activists say?
    Then they are pro suicide and homicide, pro depression and abuse.

That can be the ugly side to birth that no one wants to acknowledge.
    What if the father or mother went on a killing spree. News daily showcases such gut wrenching stories of family tragedies, mostly but not solely because of financial hardship.

Some affluent families have had this , then its due to severe mental illness ( many overlapping conditions co-exist).
    How does pro life guarantee that what they preach is moral?
    It’s immoral cruelty if you cannot love or continue to cherish, protect and provide for your baby by just saying birth is the correct thing.

In a well evaluated situation yes.
    I was told by my ex to abort , I didn’t listen it’s my body my autonomy. Plus I was fortunate financially.

Had I not been I would find a way because I’m tough. It depends on the emotional state of the mother too.
    If I wasn’t and I had not thought well then i would be an unfit mother.

Why should these methods be considered morale? To find artificial placentas to give babies a chance at a hard life ahead of them? It’s cruelty !

3|1
    0|1
    • But who are we to decide that someone is better off having not lived at all. There have been plenty of people that came from horrible beginnings and became incredibly successful individuals.
      Ever heard of Mohed Altrad?

He was born into migratory tribe in Syria. His father raped his mother and then left. His mother died when he was a young child, and he was raised by his grandmother who was even more destitute than his mother was. She forbid him to attend school but he did anyways. He was good enough and worked hard enough to be able to attend college in France. He knew no French and lived off of one meal a day while attending university. After graduating with a PhD in computer science he got a job and eventually went on to found his own company. He now has a net worth of 2.3 billion dollars and has been named frances entrepreneur of the year multiple times. Do you think he would have been better off having never been born. And do you think the world would be better without him? Our circumstances help make us who we are, but they don’t define us. Sometimes we need the bad in order to find the good. My point is we don’t know enough to say wether or not a baby would be better off not being born because of how their life might turn out. And until we can predict the future with 100% accuracy we never will be able to make such a judgement.

• Show All
    • 1. I'm not against all kinds of abortion either. If it's one survive or two dies scenario where it's risk for the mother's life, if a child gets pregnant (because it's also deadly) etc. In rape cases I wouldn't recommend an abortion though since it can worsen the mother's emotional and psychological problems. It won't stop the trauma. The child is innocent anyway.

2. Me being pro-life hasn't anything to do with religion to do. Before I converted I was something called existential nihilistic atheist, yet I believed in the freedom of choice and the right to freedom to live. Only the person themselves can tell if their life is worth living and if they enjoys it or not, no one else can. So something that may be suffering for you may not be it for someone else.

3. Abortion may be painful too. The pill would eat the flesh of the baby because of it's corrosive and it will give a burning sensation. In addition it would starve the baby blocking the nutrition way, stop the heart and choke it.

If it's the surgical method they would suck the baby out of the mother alive. Being sucked with a vacuum similar device is painful and the child would be choked because of lack of oxygen supply due the air way getting blocked. Sometimes they may use a knife to cut the child in multiple pieces and crush it's head if it's too big to get removed whole. They may rip of hands and feet first before crushing the skull.

There's evidence saying the child can feel pain after the 12th week, but no one is sure if it can feel pain before the 12th week or not.

• Gripping picture you paint. It’s karmic but it’s not always a decision to bring into existence for fear or retribution of universal factors and of conscience.

You certainly got my full attention.

• No. That would overpopulate the world even more. Abortions are a good thing: keeping the worlds population in check. Not overboarding orphanages with kids, causing them to overflow. Not all kids get adopted, and not many of couples want to adopt. If everyone gives it up for adoption, then there will be more people who never get adopted. Orphanages can’t keep up with all these babies.

3|1
    1|6
    • Yes, and so does the employment of WMD’s. Maybe we should just start nuking countries we dont like in the name of population control. You see where that train of logic goes?

• Besides that some of the most overpopulated countries on the planet have tried to use abortions to control their populations. Look where it got them. China and India, not enough women.

• I have stated multiple times that when it is possible to remove the baby and put it somewhere else to grow and be healthy (w/ little to no risk) then men should 100% have a say when it comes to abortion.

I know your question wasn’t about men having equal say, but I wanted to share anyway.

And yes I do believe that if the artificial womb thing could be perfected, then it would be the best solution, so both sides can shut the hell up.

4|1
    2|1
    • Why do you care about this if it will never affect you?

• Show All
    • It really doesn’t affect me at all but I do still have an opinion on it the subject and I do care because I have seen young girls get pregnant who had to go through a lot of unnecessary shaming. My heart goes out to them.

However my heart does not go out for people who complain about being single 😂 it’s just so trivial and ridiculous that there has to be a study about who is in relationships and who is not. If a person doesn’t want to be single they are well within their power to change that.

Abortion is a more serious matter that can prevent some individuals from fixing their own problems or improving their life

• but how would the embryo be removed? The only likely option would be surgery and no one is going to want to be cut open and also have to pay for all the hospital bills afterwards

0|1
    0|0
    • In Scandinavia there's a thing called universal free healthcare. I guess if this is a thing, Scandinavia would adopt this idea first because of good economy. People there are also better on using contraception and avoid unwanted pregnancy than some other countries thanks to decent education.

• Still doesn’t solve the problem of who is gonna raise it. Adoption programs/foster homes are already swamped, and there are too many people on this planet as it is.

2|0
    0|0
    • Then the contraception should be improved too and young adults, 20+ should be allowed sterilization if they wants to.

• It’s already pretty effective, just not 100%. Never will be
      And pretty sure it is allowed already

• In some countries you're not allowed sterilization at 20. You've to wait until 25 and in some countries you've to wait even longer before being allowed one.

• If I get pregnant, it better teleport that little monster out of me or I’ll still abort.

3|4
    1|8
    • I love how people keep downvoting me but don’t have the balls to tell me why. Cowards lol

• The artificial womb will most likely never come about. The cost to operate a device 9 months to have fail safes built in for almost every part of it. Not to mention the legal liability for a embryo not making it full term. This devices will costs unimaginable amounts of money to run when they are first developed the there will almost not market.

People like to point to an artificial womb as a solution with out ever looking at the reality of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because it takes egg from female and sperm from male. We have test tube babies now. Bottom line: If you abort a baby , without being raped or really have medical problem (not get a doctor to say so for a blow job) and do not ask for forgiveness, you will end up in Hell.

0|0
    2|2
  • Life sucks already enough without being foster homed, taught nothing then thrown on the street at 18yrs old.

3|1
    0|0
  • Sure, but then the person giving up the child should then be permanently sterilized.

0|1
    1|0
  • A solution in the abortion debate readily available is to accept that people hold different beliefs that they rarely change

3|0
    0|0
  • If taking the child away from the mother's womb doesn't do damage then I am a proponent of it, but still children who are errors of nature must be aborted in my opinion.

1|1
    0|0
  • We don't need a solution to abortion. We need a solution to overpopulation

3|1
    0|0
  • It would solve some confict, but who cares for the child after birth?
    Also, consensual sex immediately voids a woman's right to not be pregnant

1|1
    6|1
  • It's good in theory. The only problem this creates is now caring for the child. Obviously prevention would be the best thing but you can't just force contraceptives on people (although some people really shouldn't be allowed to reproduce) the amount of abortions has actually gone down with contraceptives becoming more and more advanced and the adoption rate has also gone up. Maybe in the future, all women will be barren and all men will be sterile and children would be created on demand. Weird concept but it kinda addresses many problems

2|0
    0|0
  • Uh. Who is gonna raise the children?

3|2
    0|0
  • It would sure help, but then some people might take advantage of it. Its s good solution but doesn't fully solve the problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a great idea for the women who are to one track minded to not raise a rape child

0|1
    5|2
  • I think in many ways it would and I believe they are working on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • How about people start taking protection seriously, instead of killing unborn babies...

1|0
    0|0
  • This is what I've been saying since the argument first arose

0|0
    0|0
  • What dilemma? Abortion is 100 a-okay

5|2
    1|7
    • In your opinion

• @TheSpartan pe0ple who force a woman to carry out a pregnancy commit daily rape for 9 months. To end eith a double fisting

• @jacquesvol cut the shit. If you don’t want to get pregnant, then don’t have sex.

• Just put the baby up for adoption🙄

0|2
    3|0
  • It should be the mother’s choice

1|0
    0|0
  • That does seem like a good compromise.

0|0
    1|0
  • And who pays to look after these unwanted babies? Republicans won't tolerate higher taxes for Veteran care, why would they pay for babies?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, the rates of homosexuality will sky rocket in the future, as mother nature's way of curbing the population problem, more and more people are already becoming infertile, so by the time this technology arrives, all these orphan children will have parents waiting to adopt them, praise jebus

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why you would want to "save" these fetuses when they're literally spawns descended from the biggest trash our society can offer.

Not to mention all these fetuses would likely be voting Democrat and would be in favor of legalizing abortion ironically if they were alive. The genetic heritability of political views is anywhere from 0.4-0.6, so if you're a conservative you should be in favor of abortion as you'll literally lose every election.

1|1
    4|3
    • They're still people it's cliche but you can't place judgment like that just because it's rape and they might not be pro choice.

• Show All
    • @Sophie_Mitchell
      "Well that's because there are less people on Earth"
      It's elastic change, it doesn't work like that.

• I know I'm just being snarky

Recommended myTakes