Do you talk about politics with your friends/family?

I talk about politics with my friends and family a little. My friends have mostly the same political views as me, but my family and I have some differing opinions.

Do you get involved in politics with your family/friends? Does it get in the way of your relationship with them if you have differing opinions?

Do you talk politics with friends/family?
Do you talk politics with friends/family?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I only talk about politics with my family sometimes, not friends. (Not that I remember). Most people don't know how to talk about certain topics without insulting and getting angry so I don't want to lose my time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love politics but my friends don't really so I don't talk about it that much. I talk about politics with my family a bit more often than I do with my friends.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I talk politics all the time with my family but I never do with friends. I have no idea what side of the aisle my friends lean towards. My last girlfriend even I never talked politics with her

1|0
    0|0
  • yes i do. doesn't tend to get in the way. we respect and love each other so the conversations remain respectful

1|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes, all the time. My family and I pretty much all think the same. My friends are overwhelmingly on the same side as well, though I do have a few friends and relatives whom I disagree with. As long as I avoid politics with those people there's no issue.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea, I have friends all over the political spectrum, but I know how to remain respectful regardless of any political position. In general, I always scrutinise their position because I often find they just follow what seems okay rather than if they truly believe it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do to an extent, the key is being calm and polite no matter how much you might disagree with someone else’s stance. And if you sense the conversation going in a poor direction, change the subject.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, politics are stupid and there always so much drama. Those rich pricked don't give a damn about regular people, they just care about being greedy and lining their pockets with hard earned money of tax payers. They also do nothing but lie all the time.

1|0
    1|0
  • I do with my family, as they can’t really leave me because of political opinions, but I have friends all over the political spectrum and I really don’t want to lose any of them due to disagreements in politics so I try to not with them

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes of course it really depends on the focus of the political scandal. Like a political leader sometimes me and my family might have the same idea of it such as it being completely good or completely bad. Sometimes we may have completely different views of a politician, we don't fight about it if we have opposite thoughts of a politician we just don't talk so thoroughly about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • With friends yes, we're all on basically the same page with some disagreements about smaller issues like the best solution to the minimum wage and stuff. We mostly are on common ground though

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes/No.

If they have the same views on things I'll talk about that subject from time to time. If we have differing views we usually just stay clear of that topic... just agree to disagree.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'm politically active and my family are all Conservative. The whole family basically since way back, except for one of my uncles, their family are the black sheep. Hardcore leftists. I've had some discussions with him but he's all but disowned me now, since quite clearly water's thicker than blood with the left.

My mother often asks about what's going on and why, she wants to get more informed and asks me often for perspectives.

As far as friends go, my childhood and long terms friends are all of my political stances as well. But later and newer friends are very varied. For example, I hang out with an Anarchist and a Liberal, (not the American kind of liberal) at University right now. Our debates are heated sometimes but never disrespectful.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I do talk about politics with my family and friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yah. But it’s different cuz my iarents live in a different country.

1|0
    0|0
  • If anything, it's admirable you can have political discussions with your family holding your own position

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, we talk about it. They’re just normal conservatives, though, so they’re a bit to the left of me.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, we all have different opinions. Father is a humanist, mother is pretty conservative

1|0
    0|0
  • At times. Me and my families opinions on certain topics differ. I generally avoid speaking on politics though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand politics so no. It just sounds stupid to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • no, i despise politics and can barely tolerate politicians — nothing but lies, lies, and more lies

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes with my father, but far more often with certain friends

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but most people in America know the score and understand that the corporations are the ones pulling the strings regardless in the USA.

0|0
    0|0
  • By "politics" do you mean, "reality?" Uh, yes, we often speak about reality.

0|0
    1|1
  • I wish

1|0
    0|0
  • Naw I wanna make friends not lose them😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • yes... but not crazy about it

1|0
    0|0
  • I do... Way too often. Lol

2|0
    0|0
  • Yup.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but I'm nervous to.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.. whenever I feel like a good arugume.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, often

1|0
    0|0
  • Talking politics with most folks is pointless.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. With my mom a bit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes we are a very far right family exept 3

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah with my parents but not all the time

1|0
    0|0
  • not really

1|0
    0|0
  • All the time

1|0
    0|0
  • I find that people who choose their friends based upon if they share similar Religious, Sexual or Political Points of View or Preferences to be shallow-minded for my taste. Likewise, I've seen politics rip a family apart and keep them apart for years. So no political discussions with family.

1|0
    0|0
  • Try to avoid it due to heated arguments lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes