What do you think about African leaders renaming roads after themselves, changing the names of cities they didn't build, and then asking for aid?

Do you think they'd be better advised to concentrate on health, literacy and the eradication of poverty, or is it more important to put up junk like this, in public places?
A close up of something that a nine year old could have done better

Robert Mugabe with his 'statue'
Robert Mugabe with his 'statue'

Bonus question - how much do you think Mugabe spent on that golem?

1031

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm laughing at all these people who are bringing race into this. It has nothing to do with colonialism. These leaders are letting their people starve and die while they put up monuments and then ask for aid? Get out of here. I bet he spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on that one alone. Maybe more

• Apparently - brace yourself - that monstrosity cost $5 million.

Although, as other people have already pointed out, the true cost was probably in the thousands, and he pocketed the rest...

• Man... no wonder he has no respect as a leader... absolutely ridiculous...

• Thank you for MHO

• That is hubris of the highest degree, and a crime against the country's hostorical legacy.

Most Helpful Girls

• Pathetic and laughable. That Robert Mugabe statue looks funny also.
    Reminded me of Erdoğan's look unlike weird statue. Funny thing is, when people criticized the artist who built the statue, he responded "No one and nothing can look like our beloved Erdoğan already." It was hilarious.

• I think they should put more focus on debt repayment when at the moment they are even struggling to manage their debt servicing.