If you could change something from the U. S. Constitution, what would it be? and why would you make those changes?

If you could change something from the U. S. Constitution, what would it be? and why would you make those changes?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think I would clarify the second amendment. Make it clear that it is not oriented towards having a militia, but it is a right of each individual person.

I would make it so that each law that is written cannot have other laws attached to it.

Each law has to be a maximum of three pages.

I would set term limits for every government office

1|0
    0|0
  • Second amendment would be definitely a big one I would change.

The First, the Fourth, and the fifth a amendment would be emphasized even more.

0|0
    0|0
    • I like the idea of of emphasizing on the 1st and 5th amendments!

And the 2nd really needs a change! Thank you for your opinion! 😊👍🏼

Most Helpful Girls

• Maybe making the wording a little more streamlined. I had to basically write the entire Constitution and the Articles of the Confederation in high school, and I can tell there's a lot of verbal padding in them.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be nice if they actually followed the 10th amendment.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I would ensure that abortions would not be allowed.

0|1
    2|0
    • In any circumstances?

• Show All
    • @BlackDawn You are stuck in the arrogance of you are right and someone else who disagrees is wrong and needs to be corrected. You see it as sovereignty over your body but I don't see the child inside you as your body. If you are incapable of appreciating anyone else's perspective, then you will simply continue to be arrogant and self-righteous. And you can tell me that I am not wise; however, I understand your perspective and you don't understand mine so maybe you simply don't appreciate the real meaning of wisdom.

I suspect that you want to have the final word so go ahead and take your parting shot.

• It’s a fetus, not a child. And the fetus doesn’t have any right to control me nor do you or anyone else. It is my body and I am the sole arbiter of who gets to use it.

When you support things that cause real harm to people, you can consider yourself wise, you can even consider me selfish or arrogant , or self righteous, but I’m not causing anyone harm. I’m not supporting the removal of half the populations rights.

You say you understand, but you don’t. Not really. You are at zero risk except maybe child support. You don’t have to risk being physically damaged or even die from an unwanted pregnancy. You don’t need to go into debt because someone forced you into birth. You don’t have to put your job, future and relationships on hold. You don’t need to postpone your education for 18 years. We do.

• I'd make it more clear that the federal government was meant to be highly limited, and put in assurances that it would remain that way. I think if the founders saw what become of the country they'd ditch the federation altogether and revert back to the original confederation.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would significantly expand the protections of the First Amendment and also make an amendment to keep money out of politics in a manner that would be almost impossible to abuse or find a loophole around.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would came it to eliminate the Senate and the electoral college that gives a huge share of power to a small number of people on rural States. One person, one vote.

1|0
    0|0
  • An amendment should be added that clarifies that "living interpretation" is not allowable and that originalism is the only way to proceed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be more inclined to preserve those rights rather than try to change them.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I love it the way it is but I don't like abortions.. but I understand what women go through being rape we could put in it to cut the man's balls of if he rapes a woman

0|0
    0|0
  • I would change the part about senators. they would have term limits

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd make an amendment to have no protections on illegals.

0|1
    0|0
  • l would burn it all and take America back into uk hands lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I'm from Ireland girl!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. USA USA USA!

1|0
    0|0
  • That Congress has the power to Levy taxes

0|0
    0|0
  • That any public official who broke their oath and overstepped even the tiniest clause would be publicly hanged as a show of good faith to the people

0|0
    0|0
  • Alimony would be unconstitutional, and all men would have a constitutional right to a paternity test before his name goes on a birth certificate

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes