What is your opinion on the recent rise of nationalism in Europe?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• To be expected, but can be scary. Those parties, as you will know in the Netherlands, have rather insane ideas, such as PVV basically being for policy completely destroying freedom of religion

1|0
    0|0
    • Geert Wilders should be prime minister

• Show All
    • FvD can absolutely realistically govern because it's a sane people's movement. Unless a new party forms that aligns more with what the people want, or they display they are no different from the establishment and abandon their base they will keep growing.

The question remains, which ideas are actually dangerous? It's a matter of time before more people will have gathered remaining in the EU has no benefits and is actually slowly pushing us towards an authoritarian dictatorship (Which they already are but its effects are limited) similar to the Soviet Union.

Other than people being pro EU or not understanding how the climate works i do not see any reason not to support them.

• Thanks for MHO

• Tell them to read a history textbook.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It depends on what you mean with that. I think it's okay to like your own country and be happy with what you've. It's not wrong to like your own values, culture etc. Not all nationalism are violent, racist, xenophobic or hateful. As a leftie myself I think the left-side could get a more nuanced view on it. Media often write about the negative aspect of nationalism and rarely about all the positives. So I don't see the problem though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm happy about it.

Liberal elites are throwing a strop because people don't agree with them any more.

And if that's not a good thing, then I don't know what is...

0|2
    1|0
  • Very scary. The 1930s are coming back. But we'll defeat these fascists again eventually, I am sure. Because as awful as the current developments are, fact is also that progressive, humanist movementsare also getting stronger and stronger. I am hopeful.

1|0
    0|1
    • I hope the humanist movement gains power to. People like to pretend that these movements are disconnected from what happened in the past but said events are still in living memory and there are still former SS personal who back them.
      #ThreeArrows

• @Ad_Quid_Orator We must never allow them to disconnect themselves from the past that they try to resurrect. The only reason why they try so hard to make everyone believe they're no fascists, is because they know that their disgusting ideologies are very unpopular once they show their true colors. And that fact gives me hope. We just need to learn to fight their propaganda tactics.

• With all the mess that islamic terrorists and rapeugees are making it's makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pHnQ6W2KkMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra45nX9JmW4

0|0
    1|0
  • What do you mean "rise of nationalism"?
    We invented nationalism and have always been nationalistic.
    But the rise of populism and euroskeptism and the desire to go back to nation states rather than dictatorial super states is a good trend. People are waking up to what is going on and want their freedom back.

0|0
    0|0
  • This rise of nationalism would never happen if it wasn't for the EU and the individual governments actively working against the interest of the people while at the same time elevating and protecting foreign invaders.

0|1
    0|0
  • To be expected as a counter reaction against the extremism of the political left and liberals. Europeans everywhere are getting fed up with being ignored on their concerns about immigration, the decline of their countries, and culture clashes, as well as the neglegation of fighting terrorism occurring in many places. As well as being tired of the demonizing of their ethnicity. It's a radicalization transpiring, pushing formerly moderate people over the edge.

That's why Conservatism is a need. The ideology with respect and understanding for tradition, culture and history as well as an eye for the future, with ethical standpoints humanism/egalitarianism. That's what keeps the balance and prevents extremism from both corners.

1|2
    1|0
  • Have you noticed that most guys support it while most girls do not. Disturbing that sex plays such a huge role on politics.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its a good thing. Currently globalism is basically a toxic relationship where Europe is expected to give all that it has to people who don't care about it and are only using it. Imagine being told that your expected to sacrifice your life, your friends, your culture, your traditions for your significant other who also happens to ridicule you and belittle you every chance he/she got? That's basically globalism in a nutshell. You can't have a healthy relationship if you don't have a healthy view of self. That is all nationalism is, it doesn't mean that people can't immigrate their, doesn't mean that they think they are better then every one else, it means they know who they are, they see that they have value and they think their valuable enough that they should preserve their way of life no different then what others should do with their culture and societies. So nationalism is LONG over due and the inevitable outcome when subject to such toxic relationships as globalism institutes.

0|0
    0|0
  • It better rise a whole lot more in order to battle the destruction of European society.

0|0
    1|0
  • Good, you should feel pride in where they live. Each area has different ideals. It shouldn't be just one bland blah set of ideas across the world.

0|1
    1|0
  • It is absolutely glorious. Nothing at all wrong with loving ones country.

0|2
    1|0
  • Absolutely great. It makes me feel warm inside, to see true Europeans take pride in their countries and heitage.

0|2
    0|0
  • it was expected since european countries took large numbers of migrants.

0|1
    1|0
  • lndependence for Scotland we are taking back Scotland

1|0
    0|0
  • Good thing. It's time we stop the EU from doing whatever it wants and forcing immigration and social dumping.
    When you have, like us, a president who openly says that France has no culture, or that there isn't any real french...
    Not to mention privatization pushed by the EU, and followed by our president. Now we've lost Paris airports to a private company, as well as the "Française des Jeux" that made big revenues for the state but has been sold to a private company. And the same fate awaits everything here, from health system to security.

It's time we finally put the EU in its place, and take back the sovereignty it's stealing from us. And protect our own borders.

0|1
    1|0
  • Inevitable if you dont want to be an member of the European union.

0|1
    1|0
  • It’s necessary, inevitable, and it will likely be bloody.

0|0
    0|0
  • Horrifying

1|0
    0|0
  • I knew that it would happen

0|1
    0|0
  • Haven't seen it rise at all.

0|0
    1|1
  • It's interesting

0|0
    1|0
  • Gotta have pride in something

0|0
    1|0
  • Its the normal response to liberal decadence.

0|0
    0|0
  • don't live there i. wouldn't know

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes