Why is domestic violence against men seen as a joke or simply not believed?

worldscolide
Ok so some of you know this about me, so this will be known information.

Several years ago I was with a woman.. she lived with me for 2 years, during that time she had rules for me to follow that boiled down to no contact with the opposite sex, including family. One time i had a call with a female cousin, it was to arrange a family reunion. The ex didn't care that i was on with family, she was only concerned that i was talking to a female. She hit me with a fry pan over it.

Later on I was at a grocery store with her, and I had a casual conversation with the checkout lady. Nothing more. On the way out of the store my ex trips me and starts kicking me in my head sides and back screaming that I am screwing her.. I'd never seen that lady before..

I finally got the courage to kick her out. I called her brother, he came to get all of her stuff. Later that day she comes to my door and knocks, she says "I just want to say good bye". I foolishly opened it. She hit me in the face with a broken pool cue, the bottom end where the rubber stopper is, it was removed leaving the exposed bolt. She hit me in the face with it, leaving it sliced open from the right side of my nose, clear down to my neck.

I called the police and was told that they likely wouldn't charge her, and that I'm lucky I'm not going to jail. When I got to the hospital I was asked "my God what did you do to deserve this" as if there is a reason to hurt any one like that. I needed 100 stitches, about 75 outside, and 25 inside my mouth.

I want to know why men are treated like jokes or simply not believed.

A lady inspired this question who goes by @Luvsmybabydoll

She outright called me a liar..

+1 y
Thanks for all of the comments everyone. I very much appreciate the input.
26
33