Confusion about homosexual issues. Is being gay/lesbian a conservative or "liberal" value?

It is really only a question that matters here at GaG. Because outside of this forum, the conversation is a little bit more realistic, I think. The weird thing is there have been very prominent members of the gay community who have thought of themselves as "Conservative" here at GaG. And while they are Trump supporters and agree with the most extremist positions, we still get this weird debate about "leftists" pushing the gay agenda. I am not a supporter of the homosexual community. I think gay issues should not be introduced to young children in school or addressed in young children's programming. I would prefer just teaching pre-teens to be tolerant of people from different backgrounds. Because truthfully, you can't make people like other folks. But what the hell is the "gay agenda"?

I have friends who are gay. We don't agree on everything. But we are still friends. I am not in their face telling them they are going to suffer in the afterlife or judging their choices. A kid who was like a son to me came out a few years ago. I was not going to stop being his friend because of that. And I was a bit disappointed that he thought I would.

But it is just a weird thing to see that here at GaG, sometimes it is just a black and white issue. Gay is just apart of the leftist agenda and I don't know exactly what that agenda is. Not supporting gays is always Conservative, when there are gays who are literally sleeping with their "make america great" hats glued to their heads. Understand, I don't believe that trump or his supporters are Conservative, it is just that trump supporters think he defines Conservatism. So if that is true for them, can a gay person be a "Conservative"?

Like I said, it is only weird at GaG. In other places around the net and in real life they have this all figured out.

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2018/11/07/peter-boykin-lost-election/

Peter Boykin ran as a pro-Trump Republican in North Carolina
It is an agenda of "leftists" and liberals are pushing it.
Of course you can be gay/conservative and actually disagree with certain things most gays support.
GirlGuy
2
14