Pro-lifers: What have you done to protect kids and their rights once they're outside the womb?

I'm not talking about your own kids if you happen to have any, I'm talking about kids in general. What have you personally done to make sure that they're safe? That they're being fed? That they're getting an education? That they're getting treatment for their illnesses/disabilities? That they're being cared for?
10 d ago
Keep in mind everyone that being anti-abortion is not the same as being pro-life. Pro-life is a greater responsibility. By saying you're pro-life, you're saying you care deeply about life. And you can't say you're pro-life if you're willing to turn your back on a child once it's born. Fighting for its "right to be born" is not the same as fighting for its life. Anti-abortion is just that: being against abortion. Don't call yourself pro-life if you're just anti-abortion.

1132

Most Helpful Guys

• “I want to know what they're doing, besides ranting about abortion, to actually help other people, and kids specifically.”

Every year I pay the tuition of kid to attend a private K-8 school. They all live in a neighborhood on the west side of Chicago where even getting to school is dangerous. The private school teaches them how to break the cycle of poverty and keeps them off the streets with after school programs that take care of them until their parents (usually single moms) get off work.

I’m also against capital punishment, so life always.

I’m not sure criminalizing abortion is the best way to lessen net human suffering, so I don’t ever rant about it, but everything about abortion feels like murder and—confronted with a partner’s unplanned pregnancy—my “choice” would be life, every time.

• 1. As a moderator on this site, I am vigilant about users above 18 engaging in any sexual discussions with underage users, or otherwise harassing the minors.

2. I mentor young college men at my local university.

3. For 10 years, I was a mentor and judge in our local teen court program.

4. As president of my congregation, I make sure that we screen new members to determine whether any of them have a history of sexual offenses and make sure we do extended background checks on all members and employees who participate in youth programs.

• 10 d ago

Thank you for sharing & doing your part!

• 8 d ago

@MoneyBeets I have little concern about your need for protection but I do respond to all inquiries from adult users. My primary focus is on those engaging, or attempting to engage, in inappropriate sexual dialogue with minors.

• 8 d ago

That’s exactly what I’m saying!

Most Helpful Girls

• Lmao some people out here like ‘I paid taxes and that helps do something!!!’ No dipshit, you go out of your way to make sure some kids that aren’t even yours are born, but look the other way and claim that paying taxes, a mandatory requirement, is saving all the poor kids and parents hurt by your choices. Like what do you want, a pat on the back for not committing tax evasion?
    Sigh.
    I understand where pro lifers are coming from, but some of their arguments piss me the hell off.

• 10 d ago

And if they really are pro life why don't they go to a orphanage and be a good role model for kids instead of wave their pickets of dead fetus at a poor woman?

Only thing I'd be afraid of if someone i was with decided to get an abortion I just would hope it wouldn't be because she didn't want people to know i could be the father and i would embarrass her if it was, where that could hurt my feelings. But thats my only worry in that regards.

• 8 d ago

@Goodwifie of course, and no problem! Thank you for the follow 😊

• 2 d ago

@lumos thanks for mho! 💕

• What have you done to take care of people that could’ve been murdered?

If you save someone’s life are you now responsible to care for that person?

How many victims of assault do you have living in your home? You are responsible for the laws that protect them therefore you should be taking care of them right?

• 10 d ago

You didn't answer my question.

• 9 d ago

You start with the premise that if a baby is born that otherwise would have been killed by abortion that anyone who agrees that babies shouldn’t be killed are obligated to care for the baby. It’s simply not a logical conclusion.
      Couples have sex , that’s how babies get made. They knew this in advance. It’s not a surprise and it doesn’t happen otherwise. They gambled and lost.

Abortion is a parenting option in which the mother chooses to kill the baby to free herself of the burden she helped create, What it isn’t mom right to free herself of the burden she created. The baby being a burden and expense and a challenge doesn’t give the parents the moral right to kill the baby.

Choice = sex
      Outcome = baby
      Responsibility for the choice rests with the parents

Someone saying babies shouldn’t be killed doesn’t alleviate the parents of their responsibility. If they feel they can’t care for the baby you don’t chop it up with scissors and throw it in a trash can you put the child up for adoption.

• 9 d ago

My only assumption is that people who claim to be pro-life care about life. That’s it.