Should Sex Offenders Be Monitored And Be Put On a List?

After being released from prison. Should monitoring only happen on parole or after that too? Or should they stay in prison? Should they stay on a sex offender list? Should the list be public? Should punishment be for life? #Justice #JusticeSystem #SexOffender

Sex offender = Someone committing an illegal sexual act. E. g. rapists, pedophiles touching children etc.

923

Most Helpful Guys

• Am I the only one who thinks it's retarded that "sex offenders" lists exist to begin with (on which one can get on for no reason whatsoever, because "believe her"), yet there are no "manslaughter offenders" list and stuff like that?

May or may not have had sex with a girl while both being drunk at the party, in the morning she freaks out like "aw hell naw, I ain't no slut, it's his fault!" or gets rejected in the morning with an idea of becoming boyfriend and girlfriend? Off to jail for 2 decades with you, you sick fucking animal. And be monitored for the rest of your life if you'll get out of prison alive!

Killed someone in cold blood [ie raw evidence of the dead body]? Beat someone to the point of making them a cripple? Here, serve 10 to 20 years. What do you mean being monitored afterwards? What kind of lists are you talking about? What for, you silly goose? Just try not to permanently paralyze someone from neck down again.

Gets even more retarded when a sex offender is forced to tell his neighbors (if he moves elsewhere) about it;
    - Oh, hi Mark, I'm registered sex offender because some girl claimed so, don't mind me!

Yet I haven't heard a case where a man is forced of announcing to his neighbors stuff like:
    - Oh hi, I beat a man to a pulp and now he's only capable of pissing, drooling and shitting in his wheelchair because I have random rage issues. Don't mind me, neighbor!

Or:
    - Oh hi, infidel, I was in ISIS once, don't mind me as a neighbor, mashallah!

Makes it sound like as if a pussy is worth more than stolen/crippled life; also framing someone for a murder is significantly harder. Not to mention that physical recovery from being dead is not possible (and sometimes not possible from a brutal beatdown), yet there are thousands of mental therapies that help rape victims (if that was actually a victim to begin with and not some bitch that simply wanted her non-existent "dignity" restored in her eyes and the eyes of closest community due to making decisions she later regretted).

• I'd raise the question of how confident we are in our rehabilitation methods if we feel the need to monitor and keep track of these people indefinitely after releasing them.

Do we have a crisis of repeat offenders? If so, perhaps our rehabilitation methods need work. I would be very uncomfortable even releasing sex offenders out into the general public in the first place if our rehabilitation techniques have some chance of failing until we revise the rehabilitation methods.

If the rehabilitation methods are really effective, then I see no point to indefinite monitoring.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends ont he circumstances of the crime. If you were caught having sex in a car and got stuck with some public nudity charges, then I dont think you should be on a list.

For aggressive and groping and other such behaviors, you should be on a list.

• 9 d ago

Being caught having sex willingly is ok but likes of rape and touching someone who doesn't want it is wrong.

• 9 d ago

Yes that's what I meant. I think they should have description of the behaviors sent ot with the sex offender notification thing