Should Sex Offenders Be Monitored And Be Put On a List?

After being released from prison. Should monitoring only happen on parole or after that too? Or should they stay in prison? Should they stay on a sex offender list? Should the list be public? Should punishment be for life? #Justice #JusticeSystem #SexOffender

Sex offender = Someone committing an illegal sexual act. E. g. rapists, pedophiles touching children etc.

Should Sex Offenders Be Monitored And Be Put On a List?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Am I the only one who thinks it's retarded that "sex offenders" lists exist to begin with (on which one can get on for no reason whatsoever, because "believe her"), yet there are no "manslaughter offenders" list and stuff like that?

May or may not have had sex with a girl while both being drunk at the party, in the morning she freaks out like "aw hell naw, I ain't no slut, it's his fault!" or gets rejected in the morning with an idea of becoming boyfriend and girlfriend? Off to jail for 2 decades with you, you sick fucking animal. And be monitored for the rest of your life if you'll get out of prison alive!

Killed someone in cold blood [ie raw evidence of the dead body]? Beat someone to the point of making them a cripple? Here, serve 10 to 20 years. What do you mean being monitored afterwards? What kind of lists are you talking about? What for, you silly goose? Just try not to permanently paralyze someone from neck down again.

Gets even more retarded when a sex offender is forced to tell his neighbors (if he moves elsewhere) about it;
    - Oh, hi Mark, I'm registered sex offender because some girl claimed so, don't mind me!

Yet I haven't heard a case where a man is forced of announcing to his neighbors stuff like:
    - Oh hi, I beat a man to a pulp and now he's only capable of pissing, drooling and shitting in his wheelchair because I have random rage issues. Don't mind me, neighbor!

Or:
    - Oh hi, infidel, I was in ISIS once, don't mind me as a neighbor, mashallah!

Makes it sound like as if a pussy is worth more than stolen/crippled life; also framing someone for a murder is significantly harder. Not to mention that physical recovery from being dead is not possible (and sometimes not possible from a brutal beatdown), yet there are thousands of mental therapies that help rape victims (if that was actually a victim to begin with and not some bitch that simply wanted her non-existent "dignity" restored in her eyes and the eyes of closest community due to making decisions she later regretted).

1|0
    0|1
  • I'd raise the question of how confident we are in our rehabilitation methods if we feel the need to monitor and keep track of these people indefinitely after releasing them.

Do we have a crisis of repeat offenders? If so, perhaps our rehabilitation methods need work. I would be very uncomfortable even releasing sex offenders out into the general public in the first place if our rehabilitation techniques have some chance of failing until we revise the rehabilitation methods.

If the rehabilitation methods are really effective, then I see no point to indefinite monitoring.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends ont he circumstances of the crime. If you were caught having sex in a car and got stuck with some public nudity charges, then I dont think you should be on a list.

For aggressive and groping and other such behaviors, you should be on a list.

2|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

Being caught having sex willingly is ok but likes of rape and touching someone who doesn't want it is wrong.

• 9 d ago

Yes that's what I meant. I think they should have description of the behaviors sent ot with the sex offender notification thing

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In the UK sex offenders are placed on the Sex Offenders Register and have to register,
    Name and any aliases,
    Date of birth,
    National Insurance number,
    Notify weekly where you are not registered as regularly residing or staying at one place (i. e. where a registered sex offender has no sole or main residence and instead must notify the police of the place where he can regularly be found,
    Foreign travel plans of three days duration or more,
    Notify where you are living in a household with a child under the age of 18. Under the changes, those subject to the notification requirements will be required to notify when residing or staying in a relevant household for a period of at least 12 hours with a child who is under the age of 18,
    Notify bank account and credit card details (changes must be notified within 3 days), Notify information about your passports or other identity documents at each notification. This provision has been put in place purportedly to stop individuals from seeking to avoid being on the register when they change their name and any changes to those details.

Whilst an individual subject to the notification requirements does not legally have to permit the police to enter their property when a visit is conducted, such behaviour is likely to prompt concern and will make the risk assessment process more complicated for the police. The frequency of visits will generally be determined by the perceived risk level of the individual in question with lower risk cases being visited on an annual basis and the very highest risk cases on a monthly basis.

There is also the Violent and sex offenders’ register (ViSOR)
    ViSOR is a shared access database of records of those subject to the notification requirements under the Sexual Offences Act 2003, those imprisoned for more than 12 months for violent offences and unconvicted people simply thought to be at risk of offending. ViSOR can be accessed by the police, probation and prison service personnel. Private companies running prisons are also granted access.
    The length of the notification is dependant on the sentence handed down at court. From a caution @ 2 years to indefinitely, finite notification periods are halved if the person us under 18 when convicted or cautioned.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not for this at all; as with every crime, once their time has been served they are as much a part of society as anyone else and shouldn't continue to be treated as criminals.

A change in attitude which would aid prevention is what is required if you ask me!

1|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Just to add to this, I have no problem with them being on a list for life (as here in the UK) but not to be continuously monitored.

• Yes but unfortunately there is no such thing as a sex offender list such as you are asking about. Currently there are all sorts of crimes that are not sexual or not something that would be a risk to others that are considered part of our current sex offender laws. I think the first step is should we have an actual sex offender registry. The current one is worthless because it includes things like public urination and if an 18 year old sleeps with a consenting 16 year old.

0|2
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

I agree, the list is so diluted with crimes most people would not considered sexual, that it makes the list useless and only hurts our societies rehabilitation because these people will never find meaningful jobs.

• I'm fine with the way we treat rapists and pedophiles by putting them on a public list for life and I would certainly want to know if I had children. However we also consider people sex offenders for indecent exposure, incest, prostitution, and statutory. I don't believe those should be considered in the same class.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it depends on what they did, how long it's been, and the circumstances. You can become an offender just for peeing in public, dude, you can't tell me with a straight face that those people and people who assaulted kids should be put in the same league!

0|0
    0|0
  • There are lists and websites in the US that list local sex offenders. You just put in your zipcode and it'll tell you if there's one in your area.

And many released convicts have to check in with parole officers weekly or monthly to show that they are behaving and trying to reform themselves to be somewhat valuable to society.

0|0
    0|0
  • I advocate for physical castration and the obligation to be marked with a symbol that denotes them as such
    They can never cover such place up.

1|1
    0|0
  • Rapists should receive the death penalty but a sex offended should be kept on a list and monitored for the rest of their lives.

0|1
    0|0
  • What kinda question is this bruh? Of course the fuck you want people like this free to roam and the earth and to. commit more crime knowing their no longer under surveillance?

0|0
    0|0
  • LISTEN :
    If they actually commit a crime then yes
    But if they were falsely accused then HELLNO

1|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

How do you make the distinction? There are thousands of wrongly incarcerated men

• As long as they were proven guilty and not falsely accused, ankle monitor those monsters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chip all felons and restrictions be placed on where they can go. I believe sex crimes should follow you until death.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are as far as I know. In UK it's the sex offenders register. In the US , I think it s called Megan's law. Both keep an eye on them...

0|0
    0|0
  • They should not be let out there is no cure it is there sexualitie can you be cured of your sexualitie

0|0
    0|0
  • If they are going to be released into the general public, they need to be on the sex offender list.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course safety concerns but they should still be treated like a person.

0|0
    0|1
    • 9 d ago

Why should they be treated like a person? They don't act like a person. The people they raped, molested or killed weren't treated like a person. They were treated like prey for their impulses. Sex offenders are animals, Animals act on impulses without concideration. Much like a dog who has killed someone, society should do away with them.

• 9 d ago

I’m a social worker we can’t say that although I have my own personal views. I worked with a child sex offender before and I wanted to tell him off when we met but I still had to treat him with respect and dignity. So I’m use to it unfortunately

• 9 d ago

Still should be put on the list though and monitored. But that person needs intense therapy if you don’t understand their side you won’t know the intentions of a repeat or if they were offended so that’s honestly all they know. Which still wouldn’t make it right! But that’s part of my job dealing with that shit

• In the US they are.

1|1
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

But not in all countries in the world. Do you think they should be monitored and be put on a list? Why/why not?

• Yes. They have perhaps the highest recidivism rates among folks convicted of other crimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes for sure because can ruin many lives if not monitored

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely and chemical castration

0|0
    0|0
  • They already are...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes absolutely

1|0
    0|0
  • They should be killed not released

0|0
    0|0
  • Chipped, tagged and monitored

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and chipped.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah for their whole lives

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they should be killed and used for fertilizer. So they will at least do somthing useful for society.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I think they should just be shot dead - until the majority of them are eradicated.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sex offenders should be sentenced to death.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes