Why do male feminists have a hard time understanding why most people mock them?

A significant minority of guys consider themselves feminists. Even if they won't cop to being feminists, they vehemently oppose anyone who denounces feminism, which pretty blatantly outs them. Most of these guys seem genuinely oblivious of the fact that they're mocked by basically everyone. Women and feminists question their motives, and men question their basic intelligence for supporting overwrought victimhood activists who consider men their natural enemies, for being the equivalent of black men defending the Klan.

My theory is that male feminists are basically trying to virtue-signal their way into appearing superior. They think supporting feminism paints them as members of the private-school "elite" that equates self-flagellation with enlightenment and power, given that the powerful can denigrate themselves openly with the knowledge that their status will protect them from any negative future consequences.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• They're confused, frequently narcissistic, individuals, who believe they can virtue signal their way into a woman's pants.

Sad but true.

0|3
    1|0
  • Their sycophancy comes from their desires to attract women and or because they feel they “owe” women something.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... You do realize that in my country its standard to be a feminist even if you are male and I am not at all surprised that USA is being retarded about it. After all, there are few things USA is not being developmentally backwards on.

0|1
    0|2
    • 7 d ago

We don't care about your country because it's irrelevant to us. And you're entering this discussion from a stance of jealousy motivated by that irrelevance, which makes it difficult to treat you as a serious participant.

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

I'm done making a fool out of you, but then, you didn't need any help in that.

• 6 d ago

Member states really do not do any grand diplomacy by themselves anymore. You keep saying its a "trade union" which is partially true but in reality its so much more but even if it was only a trade union, that basically encompass diplomacy in the first place.

Trade determines laws, law enforcement, border control, immigration and emigration, alliances and much more. If you have a bunch of standards for products chances are very high its because you are trading them and not because the country is necessarily worried about the local consumers, and this is all just for a normal trade agreement much less what the EU is.

• "hard time understanding"?

I suppose not. They are intelligent enough to choose a side. So they know what comes with the package.

Hence I won't fall for their faces of hypocrisy. They had chosen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Or, you know, they could just accept that women should have equal opportunities to men, and that anything else is simply being a dick.

0|0
    0|1
    • 7 d ago

I think being a dick is somehow a male trait.. I wonder why?

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

Abortion is not a "medical treatment." And actually, there are plenty of laws restricting men from having certain medical treatments, which is why so many venture overseas to gain access to treatments that are not available here.

Employment in academia is one very small sector of the economy, whereas access to college is the gateway to the entire economy. Women thus have greater access to opportunity, given their vastly greater matriculation and graduation rates. And even in academia, the gender balance of faculty will be completely different in 20 years, given that women are earning more terminal degrees now. I'm sure when that comes to pass the folks in power will be just as unconcerned as they are today about the gender imbalance. If I've learned one thing, it only matters when women are inconvenienced. When men are at a disadvantage, we're ignored and told to get over ourselves, even though most men do care about true equality (not feminism).

• 7 d ago

"there are plenty of laws restricting men from having certain medical treatments"
      Name one, that isn't also applicable to women.

• I’d disagree with your assessment. Male feminists are men who can’t traditionally attract women. So they pretend to be allies to sneak in and snatch some crumbs and hopefully get laid. They’re like male cuttlefish who mimic females so they can sneak in underneath a dominant male to have sex with the other female cuttlefish.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

That's the old theory, the one that grew out of all the Bill Clintons who were working feminist rallies in the '60s trying to get laid by being "down with the cause."

• 7 d ago

It’s still appropriate considering the number of male feminists who get accused of sexual harassment

• 7 d ago

But your theory ignores that male feminists have no chance to use their posturing to get laid online. That really only works in person. Posturing, however, can give people the sort of "hit" that people get from posing as superior online, which is what drives catfishing.

• It's not feminism, its Marxism and they've got a head full of utopian propaganda. They might talk about "feminism" but they're into equality of outcome across he board. Communism destroys lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do they exist, or is that fiction? I think of chicken supporting poultry industry right now.

0|1
    0|0
  • I always find it embarrassing when some people can't fathom the fact that people experience things differently, and hold different values as a result of their enviroment and subjective experiences.

This just signals that your value system is about as solid as a house of cards. When you look at all these men whose views radically differ from yours, and your response to that is, "well they must be embarrassing cuckolds, mentally ill, white Uncle Toms."

You couldn't possibly think, "well they're probably people who just see things differently and arrived to a different conclusion. Perhaps as a result of the media they consume." Because that would make you reflect and question your own value system. And you certainly don't have the mental capacity for that.

0|1
    0|1
  • Nice hypothesis, which personally I believe can be summed up as they lack common sense.

0|0
    0|1
  • Simps.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most nice guy feminists think that being male feminists will get them pussy. Truthfully feminists would much rather have a masochisticalpha male than a male feminist.
    https://youtu.be/kTMow_7H47Q

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes