Do you think public schools in your country are designed to make kids docile, obedient workers for the upper class?

113

113
  • If that's the plan, then they're failing even worse than I'd ever imagined...

• I don't think the schools in my country (USA) are doing anything but babysitting and making them docile/obedient, and they do a piss-poor job of that, too. I'd be happier if they were making them obedient for the upper class, then at least they might be able to hold a job when they graduate. Especially since they owe thousands for that overpriced education that won't even get them a job.

• Public school isn't as effective as television.
    Propaganda is everywhere.

I think pornography is the most successful way to make men docile.
    stay in the basement and dont bother us, here is millions of free porno-videos and millions of tv shows.

• I think that used to be the plan, but now the new plan is to train them to just be completely dysfunctional.

• The goal is to give kids what they need to reach upper class. The schools do their part. Then the kids have to do their part.

• On a somewhat related note:

There was this school experiment done in the UK, I believe. (I can't remember exactly where). I watched it on YouTube a while ago.

They flew in four very, very experienced Math teachers from China.
    These teachers' tasks?
    Raise the kids' level of Maths to a very high standard and have a 0% Fail Rate.

The Chinese teachers were completely stunned by the fact that the students cut them off mid-sentence, talked back to them, argued with them, were rude, and had zero motivation to want to excel in their studies.

Of course, the school in question might already have been a somewhat poor school to begin, in terms of the students' academic results.

Docile and obedient might be relative, culturally, and some people might frown on students being described with those words.

• An effective public schooling system is one of the best ways to provide upwards class mobility to citizens.

• If you're referring to schools based in the United States, then yes, I believe that deeply.

It's the truth.

• They certainly aren’t turning out young adults who can think for themselves. They’re also indoctrinating the children into thinking like leftists.

• Public schools and universities provide most of the upper class here

• Honestly, public schools may provide opportunities for common students to step into the upper class

• Indeed

• Yes. Public schools teach just enough so most will never be qualified enough. Public schools, daycare and feminism helps also is there to maximise the workforce. Public schools are basically a babysitting service.

• They can't teach kids to be obedient workers because there is no discipline in schools anymore