Which Thing Do You Associate With The 3rd World, but Happens In The 1st World Too?

Certain things like poverty, water crisis etc. are things I tends to associate with 3rd world countries, but I knows they can happen in the 1st world too.

I recently read in the news that a village in Norway has polluted water, so many people were sick and can't drink the water. So they've to buy clean water from the grocery stores or boil it if taken from the taps. There lives 10 000 people and 2000 of them are sick. Ca. 50 people went to the hospital after drinking the water and one of them died this week. It seems like another person is going to die too.

So it's a false myth that Norway always has clean water and no one has died before. Both camylobacter and ecoli were found in the water. Apparently the leaders only had tested some parts of the water's quality once a month, but other parts of the water wasn't tested in a year. This is the third time they had this problem in the period between 2018 and 2019. Norway is both a 1st world country and one of the wealthiest one in the world, but the area these people lives in is relatively poor. Most of the people aren't poor, but the municipality is extremely poor. They didn't change the piping in years.

The reason why some municipalities are poor is because of a high resident rate, too little support from the government for infrastructure etc. and not all owns land with a lot of resources meaning starting a business would be difficult. Some municipalities owns both farm lands, sea territories etc., so they can sell food, make hydropower etc. Others doesn't. It's a big competitions between the businesses and the village can't afford a shit.

#3rdWorld #WaterCrisis #Norway

What the water looked like - The village's only water source
What the water looked like - The village's only water source
Another picture of the water in a bath tub
Another picture of the water in a bath tub
So Norway is more polluted than many tourists believes. This picture isn't from the village.
So Norway is more polluted than many tourists believes. This picture isn't from the village.
Which Thing Do You Associate With The 3rd World, but Happens In The 1st World Too?
Add Opinion