Is it fair to fire someone for hypothetically refusing to refer to a 6-foot-tall bearded man as 'Madam'?

Dr David Mackereth was fired from his job after a conversation with his manager. He was asked a purely hypothetical question:

“If you have a man six foot tall with a beard who says he wants to be addressed as ‘she’ and ‘Mrs’, would you do that?”

After suggesting that he wouldn't, Dr Mackereth was fired. He states this happened "not because of any realistic concerns over the rights and sensitivities of transgender individuals, but because of my refusal to make an abstract ideological pledge”.

Do you believe it is acceptable to fire someone for refusing to address a 6-foot-tall bearded man as 'she', 'Mrs', or 'Madam'?

www.telegraph.co.uk/.../

#Gender #Trans
I believe it is acceptable to fire someone for refusing!
I believe it is unacceptable to fire someone for refusing!
Other (Explain)
Vote C
GirlGuy
19
45