What was the most helpful or nice thing that a man you didn't know did for you (nothing sexual in nature please)?

Anonymous
Years ago I was driving and I stopped at a convenience store. This man started coming toward me talking and I was a bit hesitant to talk to him because he seemed a bit scruffy. He told me you've been dragging your tail pipe. He proceeded to go under my car and secure my pipe up with wire or something. I felt so bad about how I had judged solely on how he was dressed.

Another example wasn't about me but one I observed. I worked at a local city gym and one time an older woman fell in the parking lot. Her husband wasn't able to help her up. Looking back we probably should have called the ambulance but she may have refused it.

A very nice man who was a member of the gym came to help her. He came up from behind to lift her. She was really happy until she looked back at him and then she pulled back and dropped back down. To be honest to everyone around her it was clear she had reacted because he was a young black man. He did not change his tone or walk away. He talked calmly about how he had experience with lifting and he would do the same for any woman who was like his mom or grandma. She finally relaxed and allowed him to lift her. When she stood up she completely softened how she talked to him. While he was lifting her I noticed his cross tattoo on his arm. It is easy to help someone who likes you it is harder to help someone who fears you for no reason.
9 mo
The woman in the red coat in the photo is actually the older man's wife. She noticed the young man struggling trying to tie his tie. She asked her husband to help him.
1
1