Is war with Iran really such a scary thought, given the weakness of Arab armies?

mattdzz
Now, I know that someone will want to split hairs here, i. e. Iranians are "Persian," not necessarily "Arab," but due to similar cultural, religious, social dynamics I'm going to lump them together, and I think fairly so.
For years people have worried of a US war with Iran. They thought it could shut down trade in the Persian Gulf region, set the world ablaze with oil price rises, and bog the US military down in a stalemate war (all of which were said about Sadaam and Iraq). I'm not saying that an invasion wouldn't set the stage for a similar insurgency, but in the actual army-army conflict I think the US would wipe them out in similar fashion to Iraq.
I believe this is the case because Arab culture/ people do not perform as well as Western-European in a combat setting, which is why they surrender en masse.
Does anyone have an alternate theory, or perhaps doubts this?
1
11