Should Meat Be Taxed Or More Expensive?

curiousnorway s
Earlier on GAG I asked if eating meat should be illegal and what people thought of meat-, junk food- and plane shaming. Now another debate is going on in Norway and that's if meat should be more expensive or taxed. If all meat gets as expensive like some Norwegians politicians are advocating for, only the richest one would be able to afford eating it several times a week. For the middle-class and the poor ones it would only be food for holidays and celebration like Christmas, Easter, birthdays etc. It won't be illegal, but it would be a luxurious products. Some people in the green pro-environment party thinks it's both more environmental friendly and would make people appreciate meat more. Today a 700 gram package with four chicken costs 22,2$ in Norway. #NoMeat #Environment #PoliticalCorrect
Meat
Meat
Today 700 gram package with four chicken costs 22,2$ which is an ordinary price.
Today 700 gram package with four chicken costs 22,2$ which is an ordinary price.
Yes, it should be a luxury product (Explain Why)
Vote A
Yes, but it should be more affordable for the middle class (Explain Why)
Vote B
No (Explain Why)
Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Updates:
9 mo
Earning 3 333,33 $ in a month and paying 777 $ per months in taxes is common in Norway. A kg salmon may cost anything between 16,6$ and 33,3$ depending on the brand, shop etc. A 700 g chicken package with four chickens costs 22,2$. Pro-environmentalists may want to increase the kg price for meat and fish to something between 55,5 - 111$. I'm not agree with the meat and plane shaming, or this suggestions, although I'm a leftie.
Should Meat Be Taxed Or More Expensive?
Add Opinion