Why do conservatives act like nothing is offensive unless it offends them specifically?

Anonymous
That’s when they whine the most, I’ve noticed.

One time, a conservative man on my Twitter chimed into a conversation I was having with a friend. My friend was expressing her annoyance with a guy who said: “Fuck you, sensitive asshole” to her just because she didn’t want to date him.

The conservative guy (I knew he was conservative because he stated so in his bio, and wore a MAGA hat in his profile picture) chimed in with: “You deserve it for being so entitled. Man, millennials are so sensitive and weak. It’s pathetic.”

So I responded to him with: “Fuck your mother, dumb ass.” and he got mad and said: “My mom’s dead, asshole!” and blocked the both of us. The thread was since deleted, but it was pretty funny looking back on it.

I just don’t understand this: “It isn’t offensive unless it offends me.” mentality. It’s hypocritical, not to mention narcissistic.
8
2