Not propping a door open for someone coming in behind you, that's a pretty generally accepted A Hole Move, Would You Agree?

I'm not talking about walking through a door and deciding someone 10 seconds behind you isn't worth propping it open behind you. I mean that this person is less than 2 meters or so behind you and you can see their reflection but just walk through at let it slam, maybe they are even carrying things.

I work with someone who has become a red pill of the "men going their own way"/ racist variety. He mentioned in a working lunch with Berkshire Hathaway that he has joined this movement and doesn't hold doors open for women anymore... that was the least shameful part of his rant #executiveprivilegebutnotthatkind

It is really old fashion for a man you don't know to hold a door open for a woman to enter through first. But it's still pretty 2019 for everyone to keep a door propped for someone walking in behind them into office buildings. Women do it for men; men do it for other men.

But according to this guy in my company no more for women, it's 2019. I had my doubts about it until I found out he let a door slam on a coworker twice recently. She questioned him about it in the elevator and he's like "2019" women's lib. Okay but that is rude behavior regardless of sex.

The odd part is that he will hold the elevator open but not the door after he passes through. Actually he shut the elevator door on someone too, he's the "CEO" of a small company. He will hold it open for men or mixed groups.

I know a lot of the guys here will be able to explain his rationale. Women have had it too good for too long... the beat goes on.
yes
no
other
Vote C
GirlGuy
5
2