Do you think the struggles of LGBTQ+ people can be equated with the struggles of Black people in the USA?

I am part African-American (also some of my family came from India).

I will say what many in the Black community feel but won't come out and say:

There is no way in my opinion that gay rights struggles can be compared to the African-American civil rights journey in this country. Not at all!!

They were never slaves, never lynched, no underground railway was necessary. Sure they got gay bashed and suffered discrimination but nothing like what Black people had to go through.

I hate when people (esp people who don't belong to either group) try to equate the two. And I resent when members of the LGBTQ+ community try to do it. And when they insinuate they "know how we feel". No you F'in Dont!!! STFU
99
34