Americans, does it bother you when you hear someone speaking a foreign language in public?

Anonymous
Just left Walmart and noticed there was A LOT of Hispanic people there. Mostly adults with a lot of kids probably getting back to school supplies. Didn’t necessarily bother me but I noticed annoyance on some people’s faces because they were only speaking Spanish. I went to the self check out and a lady needed help with the machine but the cashier couldn’t understand what she was saying.

One lady mumbled to herself that if they could speak English then it wouldn’t be holding everyone else up.

I work in a school building and I know a lot of parents from past work experiences did not like that we sent forms home that had both English and Spanish on there instead of just English (not where I teach now but just in the past). We have a lot of English Language Learners in schools these days and the number goes up every year. Like one of my class bells has 31 kids and 11 of them do not speak English fluently. Most speak Spanish but I have some African and Asian language speakers in there. I have to figure out how to teach them even though I’m not trained to do so.

So does it bother you?
Yes, it bothers me a lot.
Yes, a little.
No, it doesn’t.
Vote C
Only Spanish bothers me.
Vote D
Other/Not American
Vote E
GirlGuy
62
35