Shourld a adult member of public be in a position to comment on someone’s physical disabilities?

raindropsandrainbows
I have a disability that means I walk with tip toe it’s something I am getting help on but I’ve noticed as a adult (I’m 23) people of the public feel it’s ok to come up to me stating the obvious ‘you walk on tip toe’ and recently it’s also made me hard to do things outside of the house (apart from go to work) where I feel very self confidence low because of people’s comments.
I was brought up that as adults people shouldn’t comment on things they are not aware about but seems like that’s gone out the window with today’s world can anyone shed light on this? Or any advice on how to respond I always keep calm and say to them ‘it’s something personal to me and I don’t like it when people draw attention to it’ but it’s amazing some people don’t even say sorry sometimes realising there comment does get to me
2
1