Just met a nice girl who doesn't speak English well & says things that I'd find offensive from a Native US English speaker. Should I give her a pass?

ronaldo75
Ok so she's from Germany, has only been here 2 years, is GORGEOUS and speaks atrocious English and is slightly awkward but really REALLY comes cross like a nice person. We literally just met for lunch because we're both into science and honestly the texting phase was hilarious. Lots of jokes and flirting.

So initially she walks in and recognizes me and gives me a nervous one-handed hug and says "Hi, hello you tall" then runs away and just sits where ever she wants before the hostess sat us down. Like ok... weird but whatever. The hostess gave me a weird smile and said it was ok

So from what I gather she can understand English near perfectly but has to think a lot before responding. She struggled and managed to explained to me a few of her interests, things she's done and I would try to ask questions and find out more - BUT when i would talk about myself it was a lot of nervous "oh... cool", "cool, ok ", "yes yes cool that's interesting". Obviously if an American girl does that it's because she doesn't care about anything you're saying and just wants to either leave or talk about herself.

Lunch was great, we shared each other's meals which normally is a sign of trust and being loosened up. She laughed a LOT when I brought up all the jokes we said over texting and just most of the stuff I was saying in general, we stayed in the diner for about 30 mins after we were done eating AND she actually ASKED me to walk her back to her school library (she had to study after lunch) - so obviously she wasn't in any rush to get away from me.
If she's so nice then easy with her - English isn't her first language and she's in a country she doesn't know
Nip in this in the bud now before it becomes a problem - 2 years is plenty of time to become accustomed
GirlGuy
9 mo
Now again, during the walk I did most of the talking and she would do the same "oh cool", "nice", "uh... interesting" thing the whole time, stared into space BUT would bump into me (on purpose) and just smile and keep walking. When I would try to get her to talk by asking questions she would talk really fast and respond in one or two sentences.

My resume of the whole thing is that she finds me fun, wants to hang out but is simply struggling like hell to speak English. Although she does underst
1
1