How do you feel about the idea that STEM should modernize and take over the Social Sciences from Sociologists?

ronaldo75
I've heard this mentioned in a few STEM circles and modern sociology is not shy about expressing their disdain for STEM. I feel there is a intellectual battle on it's way. For the record I side with STEM. Millennial social theorists have failed BIG TIME and have practically done nothing to improve anything.

They're against STEM involvement in sociology because they know a scientific approach. objective analysis and a initiative that supports a computational culture in social theory will obliterate the past 150 years of texts and old ideas they don't allow anyone to scrutinize. Basically it's going to put a lot of big talkers out of business.

We can already see this in how so many psychologists (many of whom are glorified shoulder's to lean on and drug peddlers) are railing against Neuroscience. It's clear neuroscience is going to CRUSH psychology in a few decades with it's ability to reduce disorders to literal code execution and chemistry in the brain. So we'll go from Freudian bullshit about using your childhood as an emotional crush (mix with corporate drugs) to simply zapping parts of the brains with code that will correct the processes in the brain itself.

Don't get me started on how STEM wants to mathematically approach economic problems while SJW out of every SocSci wing of ever college just wants to blame patriarchy and capitalism for everything
I SUPPORT IT - Too much of Millenial Sociology is based on 1800 century quack economics, antiquated social classes and 70s post-modernism. We need a new scientific appraoch.
I'M AGAINST IT - Human behavior and social trends are too tributary to be measured scientifically. Only intellectuals can analyze it.
GirlGuy
0
3