Why does the left turn to name calling and labeling rather than having political discourse or discussion?

Over the past few years I've been to and have observed many protests by the left. At 95% of the protests people with differing views on the subject at hand would approach the protesters and try to talk about why they were there , what they believed and what would fix the problem, and other seemingly constructive thoughts but as soon as the opposition showed that they had a differing view on the matter the crowd starting calling them nazis, homophobic, and racist are just some of the name calling i heard. One group that really caught my eye was when there was this group of about 16 black guys a conservative group from memphis approached some protesters and started trying to initiate some discussion on the topic but just because they all had the American flag on their shirts the protesters started yelling at the calling them uncle toms , and nazi's. Watching that just really kinda shook me. Now before i go on i will say that not all of the protesters from tge protests I've been to act this way i have had many of awesome conversations with some protesters however it is a vast majority of protesters that act so hateful and ignorant. We have to have discussion in this country whether we agree or not we cannot act like children at age 5 and cross our arms and stick our toungues out we must step up together and make our country a better place so we can in return make the world a better place. "Together we stand Divided we fall"
2
5